Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I say it over and over but I strongly believe that Gana is not fundamental to the team and that what he does could be easily replaced by a team defensive effort. Defending is more than just a one man job.

Fernandihno is so vital to city because he provides more than just ball winning.

Also something I say over and over is I do think Gana is one of the best at what he does in the world but I don’t think we should need a player like him in the team to win games.
I strongly disagree I remember watching him against spurs opening game of the season at goodison Park we drew 1-1. We deserved to lose 6-0. Gueye was everywhere.

Last season I got a season ticket for the first time and I would say there was never a game where I thought he was useless and in fact most of the time he was either man of the match or one of our best players.

When we had that run of games at the end of the season against Man Utd arsenal Chelsea Liverpool at home and spurs away we kept so many clean sheets and we prevented many attempts on goal.

V arsenal he got a 8/10 rating. Arsenal had 2 shots on target

V Man Utd he got 8/10 rating. Man Utd had 1 shot on target

V Liverpool he got a 6/10 rating. Liverpool had 3 shots on target

V Chelsea he got 8/10 and won man of the match. Chelsea had 5 shots on target.

He got man of the match against the europa league winners

He helped contribute to the team getting clean sheets in all the above games including the champions league winners

He might be replaceable but I doubt you would get similar results to the above

If the news about us bidding for Kean and Malcom is true, be interesting to see how Brands controls his stance over the bids.

Will he let Juventus barter with Ajax - possibly confident as would have had discussions with Mina Riola and knowing he’d get less wages from a Dutch team.

If Juventus are looking to make him part of the de Ligt deal, think that could really hurt their ability to strike an extension - so if not us, I feel he will likely move to someone this window.

The Malcom one is odd, he’s not wanted at Barça but I feel less confident in that deal as he could just sit back and be content with Barça pay and status of being at Barça. A lot depends on Malcom for this transfer to happen, hopefully we wants games. Arsenal are apparently only wanting a loan, so hopefully any deal can happen before they get money from selling periphery players.
Someone has said that Malcom will not get a work permit for a loan
That rules Arsenal out

Are Hartlepool honestly going for Carroll? Aren't they non-League?

I can't see them affording him to be honest

Carroll could still do something at a Championship or lower Premier League club if he could stay fit

I'd honestly have him at Everton if he was willing to sign a "get paid if you play" deal, which means we wouldn't get shafted if he got hurt again

d7d0cbf616fa7938b3edd02b5578eb6a.gif

I say it over and over but I strongly believe that Gana is not fundamental to the team and that what he does could be easily replaced by a team defensive effort. Defending is more than just a one man job.

Fernandihno is so vital to city because he provides more than just ball winning.

Also something I say over and over is I do think Gana is one of the best at what he does in the world but I don’t think we should need a player like him in the team to win games.
I agree he doesn't have to be crucial to the team but as constructed he is. If you sell him and bring in someone like Fernandinho you probably have to change to a formation like City with no true #10 and two more box to box mids to cover since Gomes isn't much of a ball winner and the new DM wouldn't be able to make up for that like Gueye does. Which is my whole point really. Gueye isn't irreplaceable but to replace him we probably have to change the system and that isn't ideal when otherwise we may have finally found a degree of continuity.

I strongly disagree I remember watching him against spurs opening game of the season at goodison Park we drew 1-1. We deserved to lose 6-0. Gueye was everywhere.

Last season I got a season ticket for the first time and I would say there was never a game where I thought he was useless and in fact most of the time he was either man of the match or one of our best players.

When we had that run of games at the end of the season against Man Utd arsenal Chelsea Liverpool at home and spurs away we kept so many clean sheets and we prevented many attempts on goal.

V arsenal he got a 8/10 rating. Arsenal had 2 shots on target

V Man Utd he got 8/10 rating. Man Utd had 1 shot on target

V Liverpool he got a 6/10 rating. Liverpool had 3 shots on target

V Chelsea he got 8/10 and won man of the match. Chelsea had 5 shots on target.

He got man of the match against the europa league winners

He helped contribute to the team getting clean sheets in all the above games including the champions league winners

He might be replaceable but I doubt you would get similar results to the above

With Gana I fear people won't appreciate what we have until he's no longer here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back