Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO we have got to go for Josh King. He's not the answer to our number 9 problem (not sure his hold up play is at that level) but he would be a fantastic second striker that would link up well with DCL in the interim.

IMO we have got to go for Josh King. He's not the answer to our number 9 problem (not sure his hold up play is at that level) but he would be a fantastic second striker that would link up well with DCL in the interim.

In view of the fact that Glen Murray is likely to move on, this is never ever going to happen.

It's only March, i think the only thing Silva needs to do is get results at the moment, most of the names being linked at the moment are just recycled rubbish from last season. Silva is there to pick the 11 players each week and line them up, that is it, he is head of the coaching staff, that is it. All the other stuff is down to Brands, that's all. Even in your post above you are calling him a 'manager' he is not they are different roles, it is amazing how many fans still don't get the DOF setup and what it actually is.

I know exactly how it works mate, I just referred to him as the manager.

You think that the club should not allow questions from journalists about transfers (or even pre-screen all of his media appearances) because he should be concentrating on getting results, which he is whether he answers the odd question about the summer or not?

I think it's you who doesn't understand how things work.

He's answered (vaguely) the odd question about summer plans, as all managers (head coaches, trainers, etc ;)) will do to the media at this time of year.

I would suggest that the right honorable gentlemen just doesn't like Silva and has desperately stretched this absolute nothing incident into something to criticize him for. :coffee:

Id love a norwegian playing for Everton, but he’s half the footballer he would be replacing.

Not really. He rarely carries it more than about 10 yards. Then he passes it off to someone. He passes it all over the place, don't get me wrong. But he almost NEVER dribbles by anyone.

Remember when he used to dribble by players? With his size and speed, it's what made him special. It's what Koeman and others tried to get him to continue to do. Saddest part was that even when he was always trying to take guys on when he was with EFC, he didn't lose the ball any more often than he does now. He was really a special player. Could score with both feet, too.

Now although he can pass it fine, even create stuff now and again, he still has never improved his defensive game, so he's just not that great as a playmaker. Still isn't much in the tackle or at clogging up passing lanes. Sad.

True, his defense has always been lacking. Personally I'm just glad he's not at the club anymore. He can have all his fun at Chelsea.

In view of the fact that Glen Murray is likely to move on, this is never ever going to happen.
He's 35 and hasn't played for Bournemouth in over three years. I would love to have the problem that B'mouth has with their young strikers. Mousset and Solanke both show a lot of potential, and Callum Wilson is arguably better than King. I would take either of those two tbh

Id love a norwegian playing for Everton, but he’s half the footballer he would be replacing.
If you mean Rom I no doubt agree with you; if you mean Cenk I agree he's a far superior finisher but that's about it.

King seems more of a false 9 kind of player to me or a second striker to support the striker up top. Apples to oranges with Lukaku.

Joshua King would be a fantastic signing. Can play up front or outwide, bags of pace and slots for fun. Massive upgrade on DCL / Tosun/ Walcott etc. Could also replace Siggy on pens. Probably not a fashionable enough name for our fans though. Wilson i'm not as convinced about, 2 serious knee injuries is a massive concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back