Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So The Echo say we're not interested in anyone.

Hmmm okay.

This kind of rumour is usually true. The media are always perfectly happy to link clubs with incoming players because they know that it sells papers, so you get this feeding frenzy, with links that are completely made up, that are based entirely on speculation, that are based on agents talking up hoped for deals, and so forth. There's no great motivation on the other hand for the media to tell us that certain stories are complete nonsense from beginning to end, even though they often know that this is the case. So I respect the Echo for doing this. Of course it's possible that the club will deny interest in a player because they want to keep negotiations hush hush. But I don't think I can ever recall a time when the Echo have categorically denied that we're interested in a player and been proved wrong.

The Echo haven’t totally dismissed the Rafael Leao link by the way:

“Rafael Leao is the latest name being linked with a potential move to Goodison - and he is a player that does interest the Blues.

In fact, the ECHO understands that the Lille forward was discussed as a potential target before the start of the transfer window.

However, talk of any offers being made is wide of the mark - and it doesn't seem at this stage that Everton will be pursuing this potential deal.”

The last sentence is pretty non-committal, don’t think they really know either way.

This kind of rumour is usually true. The media are always perfectly happy to link clubs with incoming players because they know that it sells papers, so you get this feeding frenzy, with links that are completely made up, that are based entirely on speculation, that are based on agents talking up hoped for deals, and so forth. There's no great motivation on the other hand for the media to tell us that certain stories are complete nonsense from beginning to end, even though they often know that this is the case. So I respect the Echo for doing this. Of course it's possible that the club will deny interest in a player because they want to keep negotiations hush hush. But I don't think I can ever recall a time when the Echo have categorically denied that we're interested in a player and been proved wrong.

Yeah, unfortunatelly usually get the 'no interest' spot on. Which sort of poo-poo's alot of the exciting rumours like jesus and leao

“Rafael Leao is the latest name being linked with a potential move to Goodison - and he is a player that does interest the Blues.

In fact, the ECHO understands that the Lille forward was discussed as a potential target before the start of the transfer window.

However, talk of any offers being made is wide of the mark - and it doesn't seem at this stage that Everton will be pursuing this potential deal.”

The last sentence is pretty non-committal, don’t think they really know either way.

He played and scored last night for Lille.

Blaise matuidi linked in one of the gossip columns now

32 like but if we were to sell gueye for defent money and get matuidi for a year or 2 that would he insane business

But if we “just” need to cover the annual amortisation then we already need to find £20m next year and that’s before we even think about strengthening further. We can’t afford him as far as I’m concerned.
And he's not going to play for free. Another 6-7 million per year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back