Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get me wrong, I don't think either should be retained at this stage. I just think that it's a real possibility that they might.

I don't see the point of getting rid, All that would do is just lessen our spending on important positions to sign back up players, Baines and Jags can do a standard job for us.

I think Baines should be personally.

Unless 1 of the yoots can step in, which I have doubts.

Its pointless us spending money on a back up to the best LB in the werld.

Yeah, hard to argue against that. Jagielka's position depends on other players. If Zouma or another centre back sign and if the club see Holgate as good enough as a centre back.

I think Holgate was sent on loan with the plan in mind for him to play regularly whilst we had Jagielka as cover for the rest of the season and have him come back and replace him in the squad this summer.

The only thing that may have changed the thinking is how much Holgate has played as a full back in his loan spell.

I don't see the point of getting rid, All that would do is just lessen our spending on important positions to sign back up players, Baines and Jags can do a standard job for us.

I think the thing is that Baines and Jags are probably on about 60k to 70k a week and for players ( especially Jagielka ) who aren't getting much game time it's a lot of money.

I think Jagielka will be released and I think Baines will be offered a one year extension on reduced terms but think he may look elsewhere for a 2 year deal.

I'm not, jags will be 4th/5th choice back-up and baines will be 3rd.

2 sound blues, long internationals, captains who will be around the new young signings.
Win win

Not a habit of Baines and Jagielka, is it? Don’t want the new players to have the loser mentality around them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back