Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait til all you Brazilian lovers see my April wish list and my top striker on the list. Get the lotion ready. :cool:

???

I think Lozano is the safest bet and the best fit for us. He's the most mature, the most consistent, his decisions with the ball are usually spot on, and it's tough to ignore the impact he could make financially if we want to leverage the North American market. Lozano would do that, honestly, he's a massive start in Mexico and America. But Bergwijn is really good.

I think we would all be happy with Neres, Bergwijn or Lozano and i wonder if Brands comments on the PSV two were negotiating standpoints

Richarlison DCL Bernard
Beyond those 3 we need 3 more players (obviously).

If we really want competition then we need to offload Bolasie, Walcott and one of Onyekuru/Lookman.

The wide player we sign may not be an immediate starter but all three could be rotated throughout the season so they arent tired. Theoretically we then have greater consistency.

I think we will be looking at Brazilians not only because they have been linked but as it should create a natural harmony with Richarlison and Bernard. Also as they generally command a higher resale value.

Wesley / Leao are the two centre forwards linked and i think its more likely we go for Leao because hes more of a goalscorer whilst Wesley may be seen as a 'similar' type to DCL.

Neres and Malcom are both interesting players and quite different. I imagine their fees would be quite similar though Neres seems to be more highly rated.

Ive always thought it strange that Malcom was never capped and not really a fixture in their youth international sides whereas Neres was a permanent fixture and recently capped.

Would be pretty cool to have 4 brazilians rotating up front.

I agree with that, the only thing I'd say is that I'd like to see us keep both Lookman and give Onyekuru a chance.

Onyekuru's record is so good, across 2 leagues alongside the fact he has the perfect attributes to suit not just the league but the way we play we would be stupid to not give him a chance and press hard for a move. The fact that Dortmund, Bayern and PSG are linked is enough evidence to say to me, he deserves a chance.

Lookman is trickier. I know lots of people read into Silva's latest quotes that he isn't training well enough. I got that. What I also got what the part about him being very talented. It struck me it was frustration with Lookman more than anger. The lad needs a full pre-season and probably needs to reflect a bit on how he approaches the game. What can't be doubted though, was in big games, the last 2 at Anfield when Lookman came on he was the best player on the pitch. He glides past people like they are not there and is not in any way intimidated. I'd like to see him given 1 more season, or at least one more pre-season.

In honesty, if we got a good offer for either (close to 30 million pounds) we may need to sell to finance other deals. I'm happy with that but would prefer to keep them both.

To me Bernard could easily move deeper or more central. He could become a central playmaker. I count him as a bit of a bonus currently. I still think there is room for 1 and potentially 2 additional bodies.

I wouldn't buy a like for like with DCL. I think he is fine as a battering ram number 9. Richarlinson can play centrally. If we can get a Malcolm on loan it would be fantastic. Someone like Leao who runs in behind more naturally than DCL or Neres would be fantastic. Any 2 of them 3 would be terrific.

If we could put all of those together, and under the right tutelage we could very quickly have a forward line competitive with most in the league.

Mate, that is total guff, they are international footballers and premier league captains, just as if they have a loser mentality. Have you ever seen Baines take a pen? Did you not see Jags equaliser in the derby, winners mate, just in a bad period for our club.
Both major players in our 4th place finish too, a time where we totally broke the sky 5 on a tiny budget
Tin hat waffle
They both haven’t won anything and were bit part players in the international team.

Good players in their time, but let’s jot overhype them. Baines was brilliant, Jagielka was good, both are now finished.

Also, you mention Jagielka’s goal in the Derby, how come we’ve only won 3 derbies whilst Baines and Jagielka have been here?

Also, neither of them were here when we finished 4th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back