Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
And to be honest CB is arguably the hardest position for a teenager to play in. It is literally the one position you need experience in (reading of the game) but I agree Gibson does look a prospect. I’d really like him to go on loan this season preferably to a championship club to gain that experience and push for a start in the first team next season.

...as i’ve explained, a loan wouldn’t be what i’d seek but i suppose it could work. Garbutt and Galloway went backwards on loan.

...as i’ve explained, a loan wouldn’t be what i’d seek but i suppose it could work. Garbutt and Galloway went backwards on loan.
It’s all about selecting the right club. Galloway and certainly Garbutt don’t have the talent that Gibson has in my eyes. Nevertheless you are right their loan moves derailed their careers but I fail to see how Gibson is going to get the experience to challenge for a first team place, playing for the under 23s. Typically the RS have developed the careers of Wilson and Kent with astute loan moves, let’s hope Gibson could benefit the same.

Collins, Bakayoko, Simonsen, Degn, Gemmill, Mark and Steve Hughes, Nyarko, Naysmith, Tal, Linderoth.

He brought some utter trash in - Koeman-levels of trash signings.

Even of those bought though mate, was Gemmill a bad signing given the price? Or Naysmith? Linderoth? We paid next to nothing for all of them and they all "did a job".

I totally agree with you there, sir. I think loaning youth to the right club is almost as important as buying a player.

The loan club needs to play our way, stable chairman, unlikely managerial sacking, dearth of players at the loan club in the loanee players position. Also a recall clause with the understanding it won’t be activated unless the manager changes or the player isn’t getting even considered for game time.

If these criteria aren’t met, keep the player.

That would be my ethos anyway... I’m sick of us loaning our lads to whoever, and them stalling their careers, because many of them don’t recover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back