Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im holding on to The Echo saying we had no interest.

Ive spent the last few days watching vids, hes very Bolasie for me, but so much more effective. He would entertain, but he seems a tad inconsistent and his end product is very hit and miss.

In short I can see the attraction, but I would weep if we lashed 80m on him.

The Viking cost us 45m, granted a few years back, I love him, but we overpaid, 80m for this fella would be a crime.

Wages are the biggest issue.

If the club is actively looking to lower top end wage earners, then buying a player who will command a huge transfer fee and then massive wages seems odd.

Saha would be north of 70m plus £150k+ pw.

Neres/Lozano could be obtained for half of that outlay and are much younger.

IF. If Zaha is considered the absolute perfect fit for the system, then I could see us trying to make a deal happen. But I would be suprised to see him here all things considered.

I have no idea how good the source is for the kean bit, but, 19 year old with a year left, that won’t sigh a contract , who’s agent is in talks and wants to move on us or at least is open to it.... juve don’t have a leg to stand on

...varying views on Kean’s contract situation. At the beginning of the window reports suggested he was keen to sign a new contract and saw his development best served at Juventus. I’m not aware that a new contract has actually been offered, so I don’t know if he’s turned one down.

I suspect Raiola has lots to do with how the players status has changed. Unlikely to be a regular starter in the short-term at Juventus, the youngster can already secure his financial future at this stage in his career with a big bucks move.

Last edited:
It's weird, but basically it's a traditional (mainly British press) thing.

So often press conferences either pre or post-match, or a media event, or a game (mixed zone where the players/managers are interviewed by several reporters at once), there will be a section that is 'embargoed'.

Sometimes the embargo is set by the club/organisation, and sometimes by the reporters who decide between themselves, representing their respective papers/sites/TV stations, as and when a piece of news will go out.

This is mainly for the morning papers, and now with online being the main factor for papers, that info/story will usually come out at 22:30 the night before - hence, the '22:30 embargoes'. It means that quotes can be held back and used for other stories without having to conduct another interview.

It's also a very archaic way of doing things, but breaking an embargo is considered really serious and in some instances has led to reporters/organisations being taken to court (yeh, really).

At the end of the day, it's all about getting as much content as possible out of the limited access the press have.

There was a really good article a few months back by an American journo who basically was baffled by the concept but also intrigued. For the life of me, I can't remember where it's from, now!
There is a lot of things related to soccerball that baffle our American cousins

Can’t argue with what Dave’s said here this time surely? It’s certainly not ideal and not what we were hoping for. Dave’s not the only one with a bad feeling here.

BUT, we do have to wait until August the 8th before either slamming or praising those involved for the business done/not done.

It’s ok to be concerned though at this point, I know I am.

Transfers are becoming more and more difficult to complete, its not just crazy transfer fees anymore, it's also crazy salaries.... We could have agreed fees with clubs but are being held up with player demands... Look at the new contracts Hudson Odoi and Rashford have got lately... De Gea is now on 375k a week, deals like that raise the bar across football.... And players and agents will happily wait till deadline day to get the best possible contract...

...varying views on Kean’s contract situation. At the beginning of the window the view was that he was keen to sign a new contract and saw his development best served at Juventus. I’m not aware that a new contract has actually been offered, so I don’t know if he’s turned one down.

I suspect Raiola has lots to do with how the players status has changed. Unlikely to be a regular started in the short-term at Juventus, the youngster can already secure his financial future at this stage in his career with a big bucks move.
Ultimately it depends how much the player wants the move. He will presumably get far more game time here than he would at Juve.
But it’s a big step for a player at such an early stage in his career , to go to a foreign league and to do so when being regarded as a major signing , with all the pressure and responsibility that inevitably brings.
Personally I am of the opinion we will get him but I also have a slight suspicion we are being used as a stalking horse.

Ultimately it depends how much the player wants the move. He will presumably get far more game time here than he would at Juve.
But it’s a big step for a player at such an early stage in his career , to go to a foreign league and to do so when being regarded as a major signing , with all the pressure and responsibility that inevitably brings.
Personally I am of the opinion we will get him but I also have a slight suspicion we are being used as a stalking horse.
If he comes, we need to not heap that pressure onto him. At least wait until the second match before getting on his back at least!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back