Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My worry for the summer, is we lose Gauye and can't keep Gomes. Zouma goes back the Chelsea. Thats too much of a change to our strongest parts of the team all at once.
Get Gomes signed up ASAP and hope PSG look elsewhere. If not, hope we get 7th and City win the cup and throw 40m at Watford for Doucoure.

65m for Gomes and Doucoure would be some business. Gueye would fetch 30m. I think he might stay though. PSG don't need somebody of his age for relatively big money.

Zouma is def worth 20m bones, but I fear their transfer ban will have him back there. Get another loan and set fee agreed.

Get the best striker we can from the Bundesliga for 30m.

Then ship out 15 players surplus to requirements.

Get Gomes signed up ASAP and hope PSG look elsewhere. If not, hope we get 7th and City win the cup and throw 40m at Watford for Doucoure.

65m for Gomes and Doucoure would be some business. Gueye would fetch 30m. I think he might stay though. PSG don't need somebody of his age for relatively big money.

Zouma is def worth 20m bones, but I fear their transfer ban will have him back there. Get another loan and set fee agreed.

Striker, Gomez,zouma as a start would be superb but even another loan for zouma again it all
Depends at Chelsea,If they keep sarri etc and what football is on offer for zouma, as a footballer he needs stability

Personally ive watched Doucoure a few times now and I dont see the attraction myself.

Zouma will cost and is worth more than 20m.

Personally ive watched Doucoure a few times now and I dont see the attraction myself.

How have you watched him and not think he’s immense, he made a child out of Pogba a couple of weeks ago, made a play thing of our midfield when we played them. Core reason why Watford will be playing at Wembley and are challenging for Europe, Watford like.

I probably wouldn’t because of his age, but would be a terrific signing for a couple years before a drop off, immense player.

How have you watched him and not think he’s immense, he made a child out of Pogba a couple of weeks ago, made a play thing of our midfield when we played them. Core reason why Watford will be playing at Wembley and are challenging for Europe, Watford like.

I probably wouldn’t because of his age, but would be a terrific signing for a couple years before a drop off, immense player.

He was good against us, but we didnt show up, ive seen him play well, but like today, he might as well have not been on the pitch, I think we can do better myself, the premium we would have to pay isnt worth it.

He was good against us, but we didnt show up, ive seen him play well, but like today, he might as well have not been on the pitch, I think we can do better myself, the premium we would have to pay isnt worth it.

I’d respectively strongly disagree with that assessment.

Like you though, I think and prefer to be going for a younger investment, we needed to be the link in the chain Watford were. He has another good 3/4 years in him before regression, we’ve been there and done that market. It’s like Fernandinho and Dembelle, immense players but poor investments and signing for us. The exception being Idrissa, but we were the right link in the chain there.

A powerful, physically dominant no 8 with an engine would be a massive and needed addition to our squad.

I’d respectively strongly disagree with that assessment.

Like you though, I think and prefer to be going for a younger investment, we needed to be the link in the chain Watford were. He has another good 3/4 years in him before regression, we’ve been there and done that market. It’s like Fernandinho and Dembelle, immense players but poor investments and signing for us. The exception being Idrissa, but we were the right link in the chain there.

A powerful, physically dominant no 8 with an engine would be a massive and needed addition to our squad.

Ive changed my mind on both Gomes and Zouma.

I wasnt against signing them but at lowish fees e.g £15-20mil for Gomes as Barca clearly want rid and he wants to be here.

I do think though that Gomes needs competition as if hes suffering tiredness / loss of form then weve seen how bad he can be. Zouma was epic yesterday with Jagielka talking him through the game.

Id get both but we need a leader next to Zouma and a good understudy for Gomes.

None of these 3 are similar
True
Doucouré is not the same type of player from Ghana Gueye. They are different ... One more player of Ghana's profile Gueye is William Carvalho from Betis who was trained by Marco Silva at Sporting Lisbon
William Carvahlo is nothing like Gueye. He's immobile and a holding mid. Defensively he's nothing to write home about where as Gueye is a slightly slower Kante without the recognition. I think we need to get a genuine hold mid next to Gueye. Llorente would be my preference but even a Carvahlo would do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back