Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
...L’equipe’s digital edition claim Everton and PSG reached agreement last night for the transfer of Idrissa Gueye. They also say the Toffees have acquired a replacement in Jean-Philippe Gbamin.

I’d normally get a little twitch at the news of a new signing, but this is a sad day indeed.

I shall remain flaccid for the rest of the morning, at least.

I don't see what peoples problems are with Zaha, he guarantees at least 20 goals, 10 scored and 10 assisted if you add Ricarlisons figures and a good striker then we score at least 20-30 more goals this season than last. Plus we play higher up the pitch due to additional pace. Whilst i like bernard hes not going to anywhere near match Zahas output, i personally think Bernard could be used as a number 10. If we score 20-30 goals more this season we qualify for Europe possibly even push for top 4.

Last edited:
We should be after ‘the next Zaha’ tbh, but the problem is that any young player who comes in and has a handful of decent games has a £50 million price tag slapped on them immediately. (See Longstaff at Newcastle)

Shocked by some of the Zaha opinions here.
People calling Bolasie Mk 2 just because of from Palace probably.
People claiming bit of a show pony with questionable end product and I understand those shouts if you watched him when he was younger but he's matured a hell of a lot in the last 2 years.
He's Palaces out ball, he frequently gets the ball with 2 or 3 defenders around him, no support and he makes things happen.
Also the kid is a battler, when he's on it he'll frequently beat 2, lose the ball to the third and then battle to try and win it back, never going missing, carrying his team.
Put him in a team with tactics where opposition can't put 2 or 3 on him and I reckon he's ready to excel.
That said I don't think we'll get him or even really are in for him.
Best position is defo LW and we have Richie and Bernie, would feel like overstocking, like with Walsh's 10s.
Also he wants London and is old enough he'll want instant Europe from a move not a project.
Still whoever gets him will be lucky to have him, he's a warrior.

How can he only be worth 20 million??! Price is relative to each team. 20 million buys you a Tyrone Mings or an Ademola Lookman or Dominic Solanke. Zaha is Palaces talisman. If they sold him for the fee you suggest, their chairman should never set foot in selhurst park again. He would be hung, drawn and quartered. It would be like us selling Richarlison for 20 million, such is Zahas importance to Palace.

I said 20 to 30 million, not just 20 million and to be fair would probably stretch to 40 million but there is simply no way is he worth any more than that. There is no evidence at all that Zaha can resolve our goal scoring problem as he has never even scored more than 10 in a season. It is a very expensive gamble. Siggy and Richarlison scored more than Zaha has ever scored last season alone (13).

If we are going to spend in the region of 80 million on a striker, then a proven track record showing it is actually possible is an absolute must imo. We have been bitten too many times already.

If it’s Zaha AND a striker (Kean?), then Zaha left, Richarlison right, new striker up top and Siggy just behind is pretty tasty no?

Teams would absolutely hate playing against us and we’d have opposition defenders literally disappearing up their own bumholes

People claiming bit of a show pony with questionable end product and I understand those shouts if you watched him when he was younger but he's matured a hell of a lot in the last 2 years.
He's Palaces out ball, he frequently gets the ball with 2 or 3 defenders around him, no support and he makes things happen.
Also the kid is a battler, when he's on it he'll frequently beat 2, lose the ball to the third and then battle to try and win it back, never going missing, carrying his team.
Put him in a team with tactics where opposition can't put 2 or 3 on him and I reckon he's ready to excel.
Best position is defo LW and we have Richie and Bernie, would feel like overstocking, like with Walsh's 10s.
Also he wants London and is old enough he'll want instant Europe from a move not a project.

Yeah i think you are bang on the money with all this mate, i dont think we will get him either.

hope we get zaha me NEA

60 mill and tosun is sound

these people saying he's bolasie obviously don't watch him

glorious skilful player, steep money but teams like palace don't need to sell him to balance their books because of the sky money ( and selling the AWB to united )

him Kean a CDM to replace gana and CB for zouma and we will be sound

Zaha is worth 70m. Absolute dross like Tyrone mings is 26m. Harry Maguire 80m.

He’s a match winner who occupies the opposition. Him and richy with Siggy behind would add some goals!

26 is a good age. Get him signed up. If you can send some garbage the other way in form of macarthy or Bolaise - bonus!

I think the plan is to find a player who can play either wing.
We improved massively when Richarlison went out to the right and Bernard came in.
If *new player* and Richarlison can play either wing at any point it would make it harder for the opposition to plan accordingly.
Bernard can also play left or centrally so it gives us options.

We need a striker to compete with DCL too to sort the attacking unit.

hope we get zaha me NEA

60 mill and tosun is sound

these people saying he's bolasie obviously don't watch him

glorious skilful player, steep money but teams like palace don't need to sell him to balance their books because of the sky money ( and selling the AWB to united )

him Kean a CDM to replace gana and CB for zouma and we will be sound

That would be an absolute dream window and would have me believing we could challenge top 4

Dont see us getting all of them tho

Surely VAR is going to increase the number of pens given rather than reduce them tho?

I take your point about us not getting decisions by the officials but with what I've seen of VAR so far there seems to be more penalties given retrospectively than penalties cancelled after they've been given

I am all for VAR but me pessimistic, I can still see the likes of that shower across the park getting around it . We are just not very well thought of with officials of any ilk unfortunately. I hope to be proven wrong and it does level the playing field but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back