Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two weeks to get a CB, CM, RW, ST and probably a RB. I just can't see it.

I would guess at three coming in at most. Which means we are weaker than last year for me. Another scrap for 7th.

The thing is, for every player that succeeds in the premier league, there are probably 3 or 4 who don't, many of who have absolutely shone in other leagues. Even those that do succeed can take time to settle.

I'm actually in favour of buying players from outside the premier because you can get a lot more value as you say. But you have to accept that it does come with a bigger risk.

As regards Zaha, I really don't think this is a goer for a number of reasons. He wants to stay in London, he would want to go to what he considers a bigger club than us, his price is way outside what we would be considering on 1 player given our budget and the large number of new players we need, and Silva has said on few occasions that he is looking for a left footed striker. Plus none of this is coming from local sources, all sources down in London.

I do think the lad is a very good premier player and would definitely improve us, but not at anything near the price quoted. But a cash + player deal where we are offloading 1 or 2 of our surplus players, with a total combined value of say £60m, would, IMO, be considered decent business. No way it's happening though.

Agree to an extent.

but (lol)

if we accept that he’s a wide forward, very similar to Richarlison - excellent in the counter attack and a right footed. But he plays right side, which isn’t what Marco likes. So from that point it baffles me... Malcom is a left footed right wide forward, which makes sense.

Also, we’re pretty good at counter attack at present, we Struggle to break down teams. That’s due to lack of creativity & speed of ball movement in midfield, and a sub standard (currently) forward. Plus we need to find and buy a CB.

IMO I think we’re playing Barcelona at their own game - ‘you have other people apparently interested in Malcom, he’s not even our first choice purchase, so make it a good deal for us & stop playing games’.

And on the failed foreign purchases... you really need to trust your DoF and scouting network. Players can also fail moving from a pl team, because differing styles and also differences in how opposition teams set out to play against them. Pienaar to Spurs being a good example.

I have no idea where we're getting the money for Zaha, Kean, Center Back and Gbamin from like, but if it's there then this could end up being a good window

...a few clips i’ve seen of Gbamin looked like he was playing CB. His main role might be as a midfielder, but perhaps he’s also a back-up option for CB along with Gibson’s emergence. I am nervous of a Mina/Keane partnership, though, given Zouma provided what both of those defenders lack.

Less than 2 weeks of the window left (for transfers in), so we’ll soon know.

zaha 60
kean 35
gbanmiin 25
cb say 30mill
gomes 22
delph 8

= 180

sold

lookman 22
vlasic 14
Robison/browing 5
gana 30
= 71

total spend around 100m, add in we are still looking to sell McCarthy/niasse which would fetch another 15m

net spend of around 80/90 mill isn't unrealistic given say villa are already upto 100mill

just see what happens init
It’s wages that are the most important factor and think someone like Zaha would expect a sizeable remuneration for the privilege of wearing a Royal Blue shirt.

It’s wages that are the most important factor and think someone like Zaha would expect a sizeable remuneration for the privilege of wearing a Royal Blue shirt.

hmm probably want a good 150k a week like, half of which would be offset by tosun going the other way ( other half paid by mccarthys wages )

eff knows mate, see what happens. but me personally I'd like to see him me, think hes a boss player

...L’equipe’s digital edition claim Everton and PSG reached agreement last night for the transfer of Idrissa Gueye. They also say the Toffees have acquired a replacement in Jean-Philippe Gbamin.
Is anybody else surprised that PSG are in for Gana. Don't get me wrong, I think he's fantastic at what he does well, which is winning the ball back. But PSG probably dominate possession in practically all of their games in France and most of the European games too. OK, they'll come up against better teams in the latter stages of the champions league, but do they really need a player like Gana.? I just don't get it.

Agree to an extent.

but (lol)

if we accept that he’s a wide forward, very similar to Richarlison - excellent in the counter attack and a right footed. But he plays right side, which isn’t what Marco likes. So from that point it baffles me... Malcom is a left footed right wide forward, which makes sense.

Also, we’re pretty good at counter attack at present, we Struggle to break down teams. That’s due to lack of creativity & speed of ball movement in midfield, and a sub standard (currently) forward. Plus we need to find and buy a CB.

IMO I think we’re playing Barcelona at their own game - ‘you have other people apparently interested in Malcom, he’s not even our first choice purchase, so make it a good deal for us & stop playing games’.

And on the failed foreign purchases... you really need to trust your DoF and scouting network. Players can also fail moving from a pl team, because differing styles and also differences in how opposition teams set out to play against them. Pienaar to Spurs being a good example.
BBC have Malcom in talks with Dortmund this morning (source is Goal.com, like).

I wondered if there was anything in the Pepe rumours, but apparently he's off to Napoli now.

I don't see what peoples problems are with Zaha, he guarantees at least 20 goals, 10 scored and 10 assisted if you add Ricarlisons figures and a good striker then we score at least 20-30 more goals this season than last. Plus we play higher up the pitch due to additional pace. Whilst i like bernard hes not going to anywhere near match Zahas output, i personally think Bernard could be used as a number 10. If we score 20-30 goals more this season we qualify for Europe possibly even push for top 4.

It’s madness, we need goals and he guarantees them. We really don’t deserve nice things.

BBC have Malcom in talks with Dortmund this morning (source is Goal.com, like).

I wondered if there was anything in the Pepe rumours, but apparently he's off to Napoli now.

Didn’t some itk in Dortmund deny they’re even interested in him, especially as they have about 15 wide options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back