Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably zero chance of that happening though. They'll want cold hard cash

Malcolm didn't impress at Barca, but neither did Gomes or Digne and they ended up doing quite well for Everton, so why couldn't he?
Agreed, but they do already have 50m from the sale of Wan Bissaka and they do need to bring in some players.

We saw against Wigan that McCarthy seems ready to play and he is a really good player if he could stay fit. I am fairly sure Silva really rates him and it could be that he could stay and maybe Schneiderlin could leave as part of any deal with Zaha.... unlikely as that is.

I agree as well about Malcom but my point was that some people would prefer a risk like Malcom over a proven player like Zaha.

Ultimately I still think he will end up at Arsenal.

I rate holgate to did his attacking side improve at wba think he did loose confidence at us which caused his form to drop

I think he grew as a player there

He was very assured against Wigan and really looked the part

The fact he can play two positions to a good level is very valuable as well

He can play CB or RB depending on what we need from him and I've no worries about him whatsoever

Nothing against Gibson btw, he's looked tidy thus far. We've got a decent record of developing defenders all told

My point is that he played right back while on loan at West Brom.

He can play multiple positions. His versatility is one of his strongest attributes

His overall tenure at West Brom was impressive, and he doesn't look to have missed a step at CB either

Apologies, I've come across as quite confrontational here and I don't think it was warranted to be honest

Last edited:

Is anybody else surprised that PSG are in for Gana. Don't get me wrong, I think he's fantastic at what he does well, which is winning the ball back. But PSG probably dominate possession in practically all of their games in France and most of the European games too. OK, they'll come up against better teams in the latter stages of the champions league, but do they really need a player like Gana.? I just don't get it.
The French have a great appreciation of the water carrier role. Gana will work hard and allow the amazing array of talent to do their thing. It's just the way it is and I kind of agree with the idea too.

I think he grew as a player there

He was very assured against Wigan and really looked the part

The fact he can play two positions to a good level is very valuable as well

He can play CB or RB depending on what we need from him and I've no worries about him whatsoever

Nothing against Gibson btw, he's looked tidy thus far. We've got a decent record of developing defenders all told

They are both impressive in different ways really. Gibson is very assured and looks like he has a higher ceiling. However Holgate looks to have filled out and is a bit further along. Maybe this is what underpins the Zaha rumours? We can spend more in other areas?

Gueye is finally going to become a PSG player. Agreement was found last night. Everton are active in looking for their replacement. Tousart Tameze Gbamin and Bakayoko on the shortlist.

No idea the next line, then something like but Tuchel preferred Gueye. His choice was respected.
They aren't replacing Gana with Tameze, that's silly. Toussart isn't good enough, either in my opinion. He's not good enough for Lyon, actually since he'll be on the bench. Bakayoko was fantastic for Milan. I wonder how he'd be for us. Never really thought about him as a Gana replacement.

They are both impressive in different ways really. Gibson is very assured and looks like he has a higher ceiling. However Holgate looks to have filled out and is a bit further along. Maybe this is what underpins the Zaha rumours? We can spend more in other areas?

Yeah Silva could be happy with bringing through the younger defenders if we can't get Zouma, which frees up some money

One of Holgate or Gibson are probably going to have to start for us at some point, because I'm pretty certain Mina is getting a ban over this betting malarkey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back