Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt we'd get our money back for him, even if he is only 26. He has two good seasons with us then he's going to be 28/29. Is anyone really going to spend 60+ on him at that stage? We got less than 30 for Gana for instance, and didn't spend a high amount bringing him in either

At 22, Malcolm could not only potentially be a good player for us but we can sell him in a couple of years for a tidy profit
But what if Zaha is the better player?

I doubt we'd get our money back for him, even if he is only 26. He has two good seasons with us then he's going to be 28/29. Is anyone really going to spend 60+ on him at that stage? We got less than 30 for Gana for instance, and didn't spend a high amount bringing him in either

At 22, Malcolm could not only potentially be a good player for us but we can sell him in a couple of years for a tidy profit

Not in the slightest bit interested in profit margins now.
I just want us to compete at the top and win something.
It's been far too long!!!

i would have Zaha, easy. Prem Proven, draws fouls (plenty free kick opportunities and penalties) and there is media attention.

that being said, il take either

Well gueye is 30 in a month and someone is prepared to pay 30+m now, in 2 years the fees players are goin for are likely to be even more insane

I sincerely doubt someone is going to spend more than 60 Million on Zaha in 2-3 years. He'd have to be in contention for the Ballon D'or for that to be on the cards

We sign Zaha now at an inflated price then it's very unlikely we're getting any profit on him unless he's beyond amazing for us and still has enough in the tank to justify one last big move when he's nearly 30

Malcolm's worth could double in the time he spends with us if he delivers like Gomes and Digne have

Zaha always seems go give us problems too

So spunking some money on him would at least nulify Palace
That’s like the reason Bolasie was justified on here cos he seemed to play a blinder against the RS all the time
It seems strange to me that some would have no problem paying nearly 40m for Malcom who has failed to impress at Barcelona but would turn there nose up at Zaha who has been a proven success in the Premiership.

A fee of around 45m plus McCarthy and Tosun would seem about right.
They have to actually want those players first mate

Chelsea and Arsenal interested in Zaha

Buttttt he's not good enough for Everton lol

I think because he's a winger and from Crystal Palace our fans think he's Bolasie MrkII without actually seeing what he does week in week out at Palace.

Is he over priced? Yes but so is every bugger else in the league and if Ajax refuse to sell Neres and Malcom and his entourage want a fancier named club then what else can we do.

Not in the slightest bit interested in profit margins now.
I just want us to compete at the top and win something.
It's been far too long!!!

I'm willing to sacrifice short term satisfaction if it means we get prolonged success

It's tempting to think otherwise, very tempting indeed, but think how great it would be for us to have sustainable success over a long period of time. I'll take another few years of gradually building for the future if it leads to decades of consistent success

We're playing the long game here

Not all about profit though. Its about making us better . If he signs from day 1 he makes us a better team. If he helps get us into the top 6 it helps pays back the fee.

Chelsea and Arsenal interested in Zaha

Buttttt he's not good enough for Everton lol

I think because he's a winger and from Crystal Palace our fans think he's Bolasie MrkII without actually seeing what he does week in week out at Palace.

Is he over priced? Yes but so is every bugger else in the league and if Ajax refuse to sell Neres and Malcom and his entourage want a fancier named club then what else can we do.

There's no doubt Zaha is good enough for Everton. He'd be our best player. However the argument is more that we'd be paying a huge fee for a player who will only decline in value and the question is whether we can afford to do this.

Right if Zaha and Malcolm were the same cost which one would you go for?

If you said we could have Zaha for 30 Million I'd obviously choose him over Malcolm right now because he's got experience in the Premier League and I'm willing to bet we could still sell him on for a profit in a few years time if we're paying that fee, so it's a future investment as well as someone we can benefit from right now. Like I've said, I rate Zaha, I just don't think he represents value for money when compared to Malcolm

If it's 30 for Malcolm and 60 for Zaha, then I'll go for Malcolm because there's a greater upside to signing the younger player, especially if we can develop him and then sell him for a decent profit

Last edited:
I'm willing to sacrifice short term satisfaction if it means we get prolonged success

It's tempting to think otherwise, very tempting indeed, but think how great it would be for us to have sustainable success over a long period of time. I'll take another few years of gradually building for the future if it leads to decades of consistent success

We're playing the long game here

100%. I think this Zaha talk is pure fiction, and even it it has legs, it isn't the sort of signing I want us to make if we were to spend such money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back