Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course mate, but we aren't Man City or Chelsea either

Whether we like it or not, this is the stuff that needs to considered when we buy players. Player sales are what mostly fund our player purchases don't forget

If we ever get proper proper money in the bank then yes, this stuff won't matter, but right now it does and you'd have to be kind of blinkered not to recognise that

Fine margins between the two Mikey- Zaha is proven that he can play in the Premier league. If Malcolm come in and does a Sandro you isnt going to have much sell on value anyway.

Sell on value is a factor if you're happy treading water and not going anywhere- we want to try and break that top 1/4 of the table. We need good players now and perform for us.

Zaha always seems go give us problems too

So spunking some money on him would at least nulify Palace

Exactly the same as bolasie used to mate. Used to tear us and the RS apart but done nothing for the other 30 odd games .this would be a bolasie mistake on a higher level

Of course mate, but we aren't Man City or Chelsea either

Whether we like it or not, this is the stuff that needs to considered when we buy players. Player sales are what mostly fund our player purchases don't forget

If we ever get proper proper money in the bank then yes, this stuff won't matter, but right now it does and you'd have to be kind of blinkered not to recognise that
We don’t have to consider it with every single player we sign though surely?

How can he only be worth 20 million??! Price is relative to each team. 20 million buys you a Tyrone Mings or an Ademola Lookman or Dominic Solanke. Zaha is Palaces talisman. If they sold him for the fee you suggest, their chairman should never set foot in selhurst park again. He would be hung, drawn and quartered. It would be like us selling Richarlison for 20 million, such is Zahas importance to Palace.

The reason they want so much is because united get 25% don’t they? Palace are trying to bank what he’s actually worth after they pay United .

What like exactly the same as last season?
Yes, but we have weakened this year and so far not replaced. Ok looks like there are deals in the works but I feel like we needed more time for the new players to bed in and I can't see every hole being plugged. I do hope I'm wrong, but I believe last season our mid season collapse was partly down to players still bedding in/ lack of depth and options and so far we haven't addressed it and lost two key players for us. Would have liked to have seen more progress by now, this deadline day stuff is nerve wracking.

Bar the RS and City virtually every team in the Prem will have to bed players in.

It’s not ideal, but that’s the way it is.

I don't see what peoples problems are with Zaha, he guarantees at least 20 goals, 10 scored and 10 assisted if you add Ricarlisons figures and a good striker then we score at least 20-30 more goals this season than last. Plus we play higher up the pitch due to additional pace. Whilst i like bernard hes not going to anywhere near match Zahas output, i personally think Bernard could be used as a number 10. If we score 20-30 goals more this season we qualify for Europe possibly even push for top 4.

I thought he got 10 gls and 5 assists but let use your stats.

How can a player guarantee “at LEAST 20 goals “ when that (apparently) is the highest he has ever achieved and has done it once in his entire career? He’s been playing since what? 18? So in 8 years he’s done it once and the minimum goals he apparently guarantees is actually his highest output ever.

Not in the slightest bit interested in profit margins now.
I just want us to compete at the top and win something.
It's been far too long!!!

It’s been a hard slog for us. We’ve gone from spending zilch to now throwing money around, I’ll admit I’m still a little worried as been conditioned for so long, but if we’ve got the cash - then go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back