Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

I would love Giroud here, be perfect to have in games when the opposition are defending excessively, need different options - but with his age and wages it makes me think any deal done wouldn’t be value for money and we’d be better off investing in a young hungry striker with more mobility and more importantly less wages and a re-sale value.

...the club have been trying to sell Niasse, Tosun and Sandro for a while so that is hardly news. The problem isn’t so much selling them, it’s finding somebody prepared to buy them!!
So...selling them?

I would love Giroud here, be perfect to have in games when the opposition are defending excessively, need different options - but with his age and wages it makes me think any deal done wouldn’t be value for money and we’d be better off investing in a young hungry striker with more mobility and more importantly less wages and a re-sale value.
1 year contract of around 100k a week would cost 5 million. All hypothetical of course but not a lot of money in the grand scheme of things. You're probably right though and Brands is probably on a similar page.

1 year contract of around 100k a week would cost 5 million. All hypothetical of course but not a lot of money in the grand scheme of things. You're probably right though and Brands is probably on a similar page.

As good a deal that would be for us, he’s at an age where he will probably want more commitment to him and push for a two year minimum deal. He’s at that stage of his career now where he will rightly have to be sensible.

I think he becomes a more attractive and likely option if we could offload Tosun & Niasse early doors, but we need a bigger emphasis on adding first teamers.

As good a deal that would be for us, he’s at an age where he will probably want more commitment to him and push for a two year minimum deal. He’s at that stage of his career now where he will rightly have to be sensible.

I think he becomes a more attractive and likely option if we could offload Tosun & Niasse early doors, but we need a bigger emphasis on adding first teamers.
Just imagine what his link up play could do for Richarlison + Bernard though :Blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back