Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why some fans are worried about blowing £70m on him, incase he does end up like one of those players. The mess our club is after the last splurge has got us paranoid. We can't sell them, and so it restricts us buying more

But if we offered £70 million for Malcom or Neres who's totally unproven in a top league people would be loving it.

Every transfer is risky but Zaha has atleast shown he's a very good player at this level.

Buying 5 players to improve us, like Marco wants is going to cost serious wedge, if some of these links are to be believed. Looking at the Zaha price and predicted values of the other players were after, this could be between £150-200m outlay? This seems so unbelievably possible. I had visions of £100m max, and even that felt like I was being overly optimistic. There's no way we will go into the season without decent players coming in, so I'm quite excited at who we eventually bring in. None of us expected the magic that Brands brought us last summer, and now hes had a full year nearly, at the club to assess, I've got massively good vibes... Just a shame how late it will all happen, but transfer dealings with teams that aren't in a need to sell are never going to be easy

I would be really surprised if this Zaha thing has any legs tbh. I really could see us signing Neres. The fact that the fee would be astronomical and would not have a sell-on value (which is usually Brands' M.O.), plus the fact that Silva has consistently stated he wanted a left footed right winger makes me think this is just a rumour.

If there is any truth to it then I would guess;
a) there is a genuine chance of offsetting a large chunk of the fee by offloading players to Palace such as McCarthy, Tosun and Niasse (all of whom have been linked with Palace in the past tbf). Which would then kill two birds with one stone and bring the fee down to be cheaper than a Neres et al.

Or b) we are genuinely struggling to land targets and we have enquired about his availability as a back up option.

Other than those it is surely either agent talk or Palace or Everton using it as a smokescreen to push things along.

I reckon it's a smoke screen tbh.

One thing about the 5 players being expensive. They don’t all have to be purchased.

Zouma and Gomes improved us last year and were both loans.

Agree, 3 purchases and 2 loans is still 5 players. Kean, Zaha and Gbamin for instance, then 2 loand for CB & RB cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back