Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like you’re the one fuming tbh.
Why are you trying to start a petty argument? Take not of GrandOldTeam’s earlier thread.

He said he wanted players in to work with by the end of the month, which is by Wednesday. Since then, we’ve brought no one in and we’re selling Gueye.

We haven’t won one pre-season game and our performances have been poor.

At the end of the day, his head will be the one on the block if we have a bad start to the season.

Why are you trying to start a petty argument? Take not of GrandOldTeam’s earlier thread.

He said he wanted players in to work with by the end of the month, which is by Wednesday. Since then, we’ve brought no one in and we’re selling Gueye.

At the end of the day, his head will be the one on the block if we have a bad start to the season.

Well we have like.

The Echo clearly know next to nothing... their way to hide it is to deny every story because they are playing the odds and know more rumours come to nothing than end in deals. They can then smugly claim to be ITK. The tabloids on the other hand report everything in the hope that something will stick.

Quite the opposite. He said Everton's stance never changed and that the player wanted Everton. Stood firm and believed they would get him.

He did, however there was a story of him on a yacht concerned when Mina scored against England, he felt other teams would enter for Mina.

The Echo clearly know next to nothing... their way to hide it is to deny every story because they are playing the odds and know more rumours come to nothing than end in deals. They can then smugly claim to be ITK. The tabloids on the other hand report everything in the hope that something will stick.
I think there's a bit more to it than that. Kirkbride will have a source, but one who either isn't willing, or isn't able, to say who are targets are. They may well be able to say who are targets aren't though, which explains why can they confidently say we're not interested in somebody.

Pre season means nothing. At all. Other than fitness.

We look to be close to getting 2 great forwards. My guess is there will be a CB and CDM to follow. Plus a couple of loans I’d imagine. Ideally we get players in sooner but the market has been slow overall. It’ll kick off over the next week or so.

And I wasn’t starting any argument. Just making an observation about your posts in general, which seem to be fairly negative across the board.

I doubt that the club would flat out snub the local paper. It's in both their interests to cooperate.

Obviously during transfer negotiations it could be expedient to send some false signals, but in general I'd expect the echo journalists to have as good an insight as anyone into what's happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back