Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm not really struggling with anything...

It would be strange to suddenly be willing to smash your transfer record, but still know that bid would get rejected, then not follow it up with a higher bid, when there are nine days left in the window.
Yes, pretty clear you are struggling to understand.

Yes, pretty clear you are struggling to understand.

No, I'm putting forward an opinion. An educated one at that, tbh.

It's a weird thing to do. Frankly, a lot of things we have done lately have seemed odd.

I've not got unwavering faith in Brands because it has been left so late, again.

So while I think the situation is under control, the squad is currently in a far weaker state than it was two months ago.

Now, I am still confident that won't be the case in nine days. But that confidence is dwindling when we have five positions to fill. And now we have sold the player who made our system tick last season, which means we have to adapt to a new system too. Which means time.

So to throw in a random bid and then stop is extremely strange. That's what leads me to believe we won't stop. But, to then issue a statement - again, an odd thing to do even though it was good to see Sky flap - saying 'the matter had been ended' is even stranger.

The Everton Comms team could at least put a sentence in these releases like "All at the club thank Idrissa for his efforts and wish him well in the next stage of his career" or something - for the "People's Club" it is always a bit to matter of fact... and I say this as a Director of Comms in my day job.
It says, "Thank you for always giving everything Gana" - that seems pretty warm/informal and appropriate to me.

confident marcel has got this, however I wouldn't be sanctioning any moves for such an important player unless we had already signed a replacement

I get he could be lined up but transfer can fail at the last min

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back