Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol OK. Have you seen the way Man City operate?
Man City are in a position that they are not only one of the richest cubs in world football, but they also have one of the very best teams and even the very best players would consider going there. I think it's fair to say that they generally have their pick of players so can identify their target and invariably get them. But even they have their moments, like the race with United to sign Sanchez 18 months ago.

Everton, by comparison, are in a position where we are trying to bring in players that are of a better quality than our current standing in world football. We are also having to do this on a budget that has been limited by the poor transfer dealings of the previous management team which also left us with a plethora of aging sub standard players on high wages that we are trying to offload. In addition we are striving to hold on to our best players who are understandably attracting the attention of the bigger clubs.

In the ideal world we would have brought in all the players we wanted early in the window, retained our best players and also offloaded all the deadwood just as swiftly. But football doesn't work like that. I'm more than happy that we have a manager who is keeping the DoF on his toes as I think the fans demand that as well. But at the end of the day we are asking him to perform miracles and they only happen in the Bible.

People who are trying to make out that the club are a joke or, in your case, that we are looking amateurish, are way off the mark. What have we done that is amateurish? Put an offer in for a player that broke our club record?. Made a club statement to deny rumours that might have affected current players worth?. Generally stayed quiet about our general dealings?.

I'm not flapping though. If you actually read any of my posts from today rather than just assuming you know what they say you'd see that. I can't change things, i'm fully aware of that. I don't get angry about Everton's transfers dealings, I have an actual life to live and enough to worry about in real life without getting stressed about Everton. I'm on an Everton forum though, so I'm talking about Everton. And as it's close season all we have to talk about is transfers. And as we aren't currently signing anyone, all we can talk about is the lack of signings. So i'm passing comment on that. It's pretty simple.
Its just that you really sound like you're flapping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back