Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes? In the same way that selling your 5 bedroom house and replacing it with another 5 bedroom house is like for like. One might have a bigger garden, an extra bathroom and a brand new kitchen, while the other might be a bit easier on the eye and have bigger living rooms, but they are essentially like for like. Same here, like for like does not mean absolutely identical.

No, but there aren’t many like-for-like players with Gana. We’ve been linked to people like Gbamin and Sangare that aren’t as high press, Sosa, Lemina and Soumare that are more centre mids. Any of the above changes the way we set up so no, it’s not buying like-for-like to copy last season’s system.

Zaha will do nicely right now.
I'd love him to come if we could get a deal done. But it does sound as though this one won't happen now, and I'd rather concentrate our efforts on bringing in another boss wide player rather than wasting further effort flogging a dead horse.

If we get another winger I can't see DCL playing for anything other than the last 20 mins of a few games...
He will still get a decent amount of time especially if we are chasing a goal. I think he will get at least 5 goals. He's not fantastic by any stretch but he will put the ball in the net with a dodgy deflected strike or a header.

I'm sure this man is chatting wham but my goodness a true Ziyech rumor would not be good for my health
It would say to me that we’re serious about breaking up that top 6

In other massively confusing news, Nicolas Pepe going to Arsenal means they have ended their interest in the Gremio winger Everton, however Everton is still likely to leave (and his spot will be taken by Pepê, a 22 year old Brazilian not the Arsenal one) and it’s possible that Everton’s new team will be Everton according to:

I think the Zaha deal is far from dead and Palace have a big decision to make. Would we have made any offer if the player hadn't expressed any desire to join Everton? I don't think so. Balls in their court now. £60 million and two players (both who they have wanted to sign) is a very good offer for a player that wants to leave.

I like your optimism, but people keep brushing past the fact that Palace don’t have any reason to sell him at the moment.
Long contract... money in from sale of AWB to Man Utd... He’s clearly their best player... He’ll still be “worth” crazy money in Jan/Next Summer Windows... Hodgson wants to keep him... There’s no incentive for Palace to negotiate.
Unless Zaha himself pushes anything himself then probably need to let this one go now.

Rumours we are close (24-48 hours) to agreeing a deal for the Gana replacement. I’d expect they will be more like Doucoure than Gana, a DM with size and power who can get forward. You cannot replace Gana directly as he is pretty much Kante level for tackles, interceptions and slowing down opposition breaks. If we can get someone who is decent defensively yet offers more driving forward then it would open up 433 with Gylfi deeper or a New DM/Delph/Gomes triumvirate vs. top teams with 4231 used when we expect to control possession.

It would say to me that we’re serious about breaking up that top 6

In other massively confusing news, Nicolas Pepe going to Arsenal means they have ended their interest in the Gremio winger Everton, however Everton is still likely to leave (and his spot will be taken by Pepê, a 22 year old Brazilian not the Arsenal one) and it’s possible that Everton’s new team will be Everton according to:

We should probably swerve him, 23 and still playing in Brazil? Its a firm no from me.

Rumours we are close (24-48 hours) to agreeing a deal for the Gana replacement. I’d expect they will be more like Doucoure than Gana, a DM with size and power who can get forward. You cannot replace Gana directly as he is pretty much Kante level for tackles, interceptions and slowing down opposition breaks. If we can get someone who is decent defensively yet offers more driving forward then it would open up 433 with Gylfi deeper or a New DM/Delph/Gomes triumvirate vs. top teams with 4231 used when we expect to control possession.
If we get rid of Gylfi from our starting line up we won’t play a 4231. Silva practically said because of Gylfi he can’t play his favored 433 with 1 CDM and 2 box to box CMs.

...German outlet ‘Fussball Transfers’ now saying a deal is almost done.
This guy can play numerous positions. He won't do what Gana does, but then nobody else can. But he's an athlete and very strong with a good pass on him. He gets the nod from me. I'm half hoping this lad could be our defensive cover and we'll put in a sneaky bid for Sangare too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back