Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have Doucoure in the starting midfield alongside Gomes. I believe Gbamin will be eased into the PL and be cover for CB if don’t get Zouma. However, this only happens if we get rid of McCarthy and schneiderlin. If not, a CB, back up RB and winger is CRUCIAL towards the end of the window. (Assuming Kean is confirmed)

I understand your desire for a cheap backup ... but that’s not where we are “supposed” to be heading
Pretty much every backup player in the top six sides would easily get a start on their own merit. If we aspire to that level we need the same squad quality on our bench.
Let Cahill go to Palace and Hodgson’s Darby and Joan bench . We really don’t need him
The difference is, the top 6 sides can offer European football and expect lengthy cup runs which means more games to rotate players keeping them all happy.
We don’t, therefore this season it will be difficult to persuade a top player to come and be a rotation player.

A lot of the rhetoric of their fans is different at this stage, seem happy enough to let him go (albeit not to us) and for a fee of around £60 million.

The shape of transfer windows is changing in my view. It used to be prices held, and in many cases increased as the window went on. It's very much a buyers market now and the prices decline the closer they get to deadline day. If clubs needs to sell, or have planned too, or have guaranteed a player a move then the pressure of not having a buyer seems to bite as the window goes on. Prices continue to stumble and fall.

To me Brands has played this excellently, he has driven down Kean's price to below 30 million with no release fee (apparently) or at the worst a much much higher one. Gomes price was driven down to 22 million. Gbamin was £22 by all accounts too. Really pressuring the asset.

For lads like Doucoure (and to a degree Zaha) there's no way either their plan or their clubs plan was to sell to Everton this late. However the "top" teams I.E the elite teams haven't bought them, so they are in a really tricky situation. In such a situation flexibility comes into it. We are one of the few viable buyers left for them.

The other point in this, is that we are now being viewed as far more seriously than we were even 12 months ago, never mind 3 years ago. Sides in that "2nd tier" are started to reluctantly accept they need to sell to us as a business plan. It's probably been helped by the professionalism of Brands and how he doesn't ram people faces into the dirt with it in doing so.

Brands is a very astute operator and gets this. I can't imagine Doucoure was plan A, he probably wasn't seen as viable but he has come onto the radar. It's too good to turn down. I like he's opened up with £32 million, unrealistic and low but a clear signal of our intent but also we won't be taken for a ride.

I expect Zaha may re-emerge that week as well. If we can get Doucoure for close to £40 million (or anything under £50) it will be a very good deal for me. The lad is an absolute machine. Zaha at around 60 million + a player could be a useful buy too. We will see. As you say, seems something in this though.

I wonder if players will start leaving quickly next week too.
I hope your take on it is on the money.

I'm seriously confused as to why people seem to think a midfield selection of Doucoure, Delph, Gbamin and Gomes would have Gomes as the automatic first team player. I like Andre but he doesn't tower over that group in any way. My guess would be Doucoure and Gbamin are the best two. But it could be any two of the four.

I'm seriously confused as to why people seem to think a midfield selection of Doucoure, Delph, Gbamin and Gomes would have Gomes as the automatic first team player. I like Andre but he doesn't tower over that group in any way. My guess would be Doucoure and Gbamin are the best two. But it could be any two of the four.
If , very big if , we signed Doucoure and Zaha and played a front 3 of Richy , Kean and Zaha then you would need 3 proper midfielders because I can't see any of that front 3 , exciting as they would be , chasing back.
I could easily see a midfield of Gbamin , Gomes and Doucoure behind them.
Well in my dreams anyway

Haven’t been on for a day or two and all hell broke loose! A link to Doucoure... my body likes! Now can we please finish this kean signing. If I have to pick the lad up in a little row boat and bring him down to Liverpool I will!

If , very big if , we signed Doucoure and Zaha and played a front 3 of Richy , Kean and Zaha then you would need 3 proper midfielders because I can't see any of that front 3 , exciting as they would be , chasing back.
I could easily see a midfield of Gbamin , Gomes and Doucoure behind them.
Well in my dreams anyway
It's not a bad idea. I like it a lot. I also don't know that Sigurdsson has to be dropped right away. It's possible that he could play with Gomes/Doucoure/Gbamin behind him

....just 5 days to bring players in, but worth noting that the international window doesn’t close until the end of this month so we can still move players out to foreign clubs. Here’s the Toffee transfer gossip for Sunday 4th August;

- The Liverpool Echo quote Marco Silva talking about the transfer window: “We have to be busy. We have to. In this moment, as you know our numbers is not really big. We need some more players, we lost a central defender. He was not our player but we lost him. We lost Gana and we lost Lookman also. So we have to look for one winger. We have to look for one central defender. Let’s see in the middle zone if we do something more or not. Then a possible striker and right back. It has to be a really busy week.”

- L’Equipe and many other outlets report Everton interest in signing Watford midfielder, Abdoulaye Doucouré. They say the Toffees have formulated a €30m offer but Watford are looking for €40m before they are willing to enter negotiations. RMC suggest Everton submitted a £32m bid a few days ago which was unsuccessful but do not intend to stop there. The 26 year old is ‘not insensitive to the move’.

- According to the Liverpool Echo, Moise Kean is expected to complete his move to Everton this weekend. Marco Silva refused to talk about Everton’s acquisition: “I can’t talk about him now as there is nothing official. Let us see what we can do. I hope we can finalise it. Once we have signed him I can tell you about the feedback & what my feelings about him.” Sky Sports Italy report the 19 year old will sign a 5 year contract and Juventus will pocket €30m plus up to €10m in bonuses. Corriere Dello Sport say the striker is on his way to Liverpool to undergo a medical.

- L’Equipe link Everton with 26 year old Monaco midfielder, Rony Lopes, who is available for €25m-€30m.

- The Daily Star report Everton believe there is hope in their pursuit of Kurt Zouma because Chelsea haven’t said they are not open to an agreement for the defender. Saying that, a transfer is looking unlikely.

- Football Insider suggest Sheffield United want Toffees defender, Mason Holgate, on a season-long loan.

- The Liverpool Echo say Blackpool are interested in a loan deal for Everton’s academy striker, Fraser Hornby. They also suggest the Toffees are open to offers for defender Cuco Martina who featured for Curacao in CONCACAF Gold Cup. Feyenoord failed to make a permanent bid for Martina after his loan spell last season.

- According to The Daily Mail, Wolves have enquired about the availability of Southampton midfielder, Mario Lemina, who has been linked with Everton.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back