Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can look at it another way: He's scored 7, 9 and 10 the last three years. Maybe he finally started to play to full potential at age 23, which isn't unreasonable, and that 7-10 or maybe slightly more is his level.

And I know he played as a striker at times but he did that in a team that typically played with 4 not very good CMs and Andros Townsend around him. So it's not like he was blessed with a bunch of tap ins.

Better players are probably out there but can we get them this window and are they as nailed on for success as Zaha would be? Barring a disaster injury I think Zaha has a very high floor for what he can give us with a high ceiling as well. That's part of what pushes the price up.

How is zaha “nailed on for success “ he’s already failed one move and if he’s playing at full potential like you said. He’s not going to get any better and we will never be able to sell him without incurring a massive loss and nobody will pay his wages just like bolasie and co

I actually want us to buy him just because it will annoy the hell out of you. I want him to be fantastic for us so I can remind you every time he scores a goal for us. I will be as relentless in this as you have been in moaning about his goal stats at least 5 times a day since we were first linked.

But don't worry Tel. As I said to you first time we discussed him, this ain't happening.;)

At least 5 times a day since we were first linked? That’s not true now is it :) also if he were to sign and was fantastic I would be shocked , but I would want him to be . I get the impression that you think o would rather he was gash just so I would be proved right, that’s not the case. Watching our record transfer be gash every week would annoy me a hell of a lot more and effect my life a lot more than you saying “ I told you so” every time we won tbh

How is zaha “nailed on for success “ he’s already failed one move and if he’s playing at full potential like you said. He’s not going to get any better and we will never be able to sell him without incurring a massive loss and nobody will pay his wages just like bolasie and co
I'm speaking specifically to the fact that he has played well in this league so that question is removed. And I added the catastrophic injury caveat because of Bolasie. Nobody wants to ever admit it, but, despite his flaws, Bolasie was our most effective creative player for the short spell before he was injured. Zaha will probably do the same unless Richarlison really steps up. Regardless I doubt Zaha would completely flop. Of course our fans are guaranteed to say he stinks regardless because everyone will think we overpaid.

Also using his failed move at United which happened both when he was 21 and when that club began undergoing major backroom shifts is not really fair. No one really succeeded there under Moyes and he is clearly a more mature and complete player than he was in 2015. And I wouldn't say he's at full potential because I think he can be more creative. I meant I don't see him scoring many more goals. But overall I could see him being better here than he was at Palace.

I’m assuming they’re using macrthys 13m purchase price from Wigan and Tuson 27m .
That's amazing, hopefully we'll get some dumb team who believes they are their current values, when really it should be 50p and about 5m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back