Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zaha is a tough one to judge. Palace as a team is terrible in posession and is about the worst in the league in passing into the final third. Zaha has to do everything himself.

Theres just no one except that dufus Saint Maximim in the big leagues in Europe that attempt to take people on via the dribble like him. Those two are like 60 attempts more than Hazard, who is third. He just creates a ton of chances for a side that isn't very good. He turns it over a lot, too, which was maybe our biggest issue last year, but Zaha is losing trying to beat people and create.

I go back and forth myself. Could we get Ziyech instead? Is he better? Neres is REALLY good, but Man U and others might be after him now.

I must say, the idea of Doucoure (although Sangare would be better later) and Gbamin behind Gomes with Siggy moving to one of the forward spots is really interesting.

I think for the price, we could do a lot, lot, lot better than sign Zaha.

If we have 70m available in cash and 200k a week, we could very feasibly sign two genuinely class players from abroad.

I think Neres, Lozano or many other players would be more than tempted by those wages. I wouldn't really say that Zaha has proven himself to be a world class player or top-end Premier League player. He failed at United and is nowadays more known for falling to the floor in the area than scoring goals or assisting teammates.

That said, it isn't my money and he'd probably improve us. If we end up with him, hopefully he proves worth the huge investment.

Yeah think they’re using the price we paid to make a bigger headline . I’d take 15m for the both of them atm
I think Tosun is destined to join a Turkish team in 2 weeks for the season on loan, and McCarthy will go for around 10m.

If we have 70m available in cash and 200k a week, we could very feasibly sign two genuinely class players from abroad.

I think Neres, Lozano or many other players would be more than tempted by those wages. I wouldn't really say that Zaha has proven himself to be a world class player or top-end Premier League player. He failed at United and is nowadays more known for falling to the floor in the area than scoring goals or assisting teammates.

That said, it isn't my money and he'd probably improve us. If we end up with him, hopefully he proves worth the huge investment.

Last I read Ajax were looking for 50 mil for Neres

Zaha is kind of proven in PL and will not need time to adjust.

Zaha is a tough one to judge. Palace as a team is terrible in posession and is about the worst in the league in passing into the final third. Zaha has to do everything himself.

Theres just no one except that dufus Saint Maximim in the big leagues in Europe that attempt to take people on via the dribble like him. Those two are like 60 attempts more than Hazard, who is third. He just creates a ton of chances for a side that isn't very good. He turns it over a lot, too, which was maybe our biggest issue last year, but Zaha is losing trying to beat people and create.

I go back and forth myself. Could we get Ziyech instead? Is he better? Neres is REALLY good, but Man U and others might be after him now.

I must say, the idea of Doucoure (although Sangare would be better later) and Gbamin behind Gomes with Siggy moving to one of the forward spots is really interesting.
I've said a few times that I rate Ziyech very highly and given the quoted price I can't believe we wouldn't make an offer. He might not come as he did turn Sevilla down but he's on 30k a week now so we can quadruple that.

Now despite my view I do think Ziyech and Neres as well have a much higher chance of flopping than Zaha. And even if they do come good it seems unlikely that they'd immediately step into the PL and be top level. It's really a question of who steps up a level best. The Dutch league boys have a better league and Zaha has better teammates. I've got to say my money wouldn't be on Neres after watching some of his Copa America performances and Ziyech didn't shine for Morocco. Maybe Zaha is the one but that price feels like it's going to create opportunity costs for us. Or maybe we are just minted.

I've said a few times that I rate Ziyech very highly and given the quoted price I can't believe we wouldn't make an offer. He might not come as he did turn Sevilla down but he's on 30k a week now so we can quadruple that.

Now despite my view I do think Ziyech and Neres as well have a much higher chance of flopping than Zaha. And even if they do come good it seems unlikely that they'd immediately step into the PL and be top level. It's really a question of who steps up a level best. The Dutch league boys have a better league and Zaha has better teammates. I've got to say my money wouldn't be on Neres after watching some of his Copa America performances and Ziyech didn't shine for Morocco. Maybe Zaha is the one but that price feels like it's going to create opportunity costs for us. Or maybe we are just minted.
Neres would have an adjustment period, but I just think his movement is so good, smart, and he's surprisingly strong, on top of all his other skills, he's going to be a star. That being said, if we can seriously get Zaha and jettison Tosun and McCarthy, by all means. We've got the money, but FFP could be a problem.

I'm still liking the idea of Gbamin and Doucoure or Sangare, though, and moving Siggy to inside forward.

Zaha offers us a proven Premier League quality player and someone who’s in their peak.

I struggle to think of many players we could realistically sign that have proven their abilities like Zaha has.

Since Brands has came in I believe Delph is the only outfield player we’ve signed who was older than 25 at the time of the transfer. I absolutely love what Brands has done and it’s fantastic seeing the age demographic of the squad change.

We’ve got some incredibly talented younger players through the door. However I really like that Zaha is 26yo, he’s still got his best football in front of him but can come straight in and be one of (if not our best) players in the upcoming season. We still had quite a significant gap between us at the top six last year, if we want to break into the top six and Europe we have to have players ready to go and who can make an instant significant impact.

There’s plenty of great young players around like Lozano and Neres who have great potential but there’s a lot more risk involved and we’ll have to wait a period of time for them to truly settle and get used of the Premier League.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back