Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

How many have. Weak argument. Just 3 off the top of my head - Aguero, Henry, Zola

We know Zaha can do it at palace, we don’t k ow if he fits our system or set up. We’re hardly set up like palace do in most games.

Players who failed in prem

Angel Di Maria
Radamel Falco
Hernan Crespo
Deco
Bastian Schweinsteiger
Diego Forlan
Davor Suker
Andriy Shevchenko

just to name a few
I aint saying that the players you named will fail but its more of a gamble than somebody who has done it in the premier

Aargh I really hate this argument.

Peinaar at Spurs, he was dreadful
Lukaku at Man U hasn’t been up to standard.
James Beattie

So many players move in the PL from one team to another and flop, because the team they move to play a different system or have a different role in the team.

We don’t play footy the way palace do, he is not a guaranteed success by any stretch of the imagination.

While you have a good point that same point applies to every single player. Perhaps the poster should have rephrased and instead of saying 'we know 100% what we are getting in this league' he should have said 'We know 100% what he can do in this league' something which does not apply to any continental purchase.

Players who failed in prem

Angel Di Maria
Radamel Falco
Hernan Crespo
Deco
Bastian Schweinsteiger
Diego Forlan
Davor Suker
Andriy Shevchenko

just to name a few
I aint saying that the players you named will fail but its more of a gamble than somebody who has done it in the premier
Quite a few of those were past their best when they came to be fair mate

While you have a good point that same point applies to every single player. Perhaps the poster should have rephrased and instead of saying 'we know 100% what we are getting in this league' he should have said 'We know 100% what he can do in this league' something which does not apply to any continental purchase.
agree mate, I just think its less of a chance signing an already proven prom star than a player from abroad. there are positives and negatives to both sides of the discussion I guess

We are talking about players who have played at the highest level for their country at major tournaments and for their clubs in the Champions league. They wouldn't need to bed in like you would imagine.

Personally if we can't bring in Zaha ( which i doubt we will ) and we are truly looking at bringing in a top winger this window, then i would rather go out and get Hakim Ziyech.
I’ve read elsewhere from a knowledgable source that Ziyech has issues that have caused a few clubs to drop their interest in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back