Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zaha has done it in prep though and the other players would need bedding in. with Zaha we know 100% what we are getting in this league

We are talking about players who have played at the highest level for their country at major tournaments and for their clubs in the Champions league. They wouldn't need to bed in like you would imagine.

Personally if we can't bring in Zaha ( which i doubt we will ) and we are truly looking at bringing in a top winger this window, then i would rather go out and get Hakim Ziyech.

Swerve Zaha, bring in Lozano or Neres, please.

We could probably bring in Lozano and Bergwijn for the same fees and wages as Zaha.
The issue is getting people out too.

I expect the Zaha deal is as much about swapping his wages like for like with McCarthy/Tosun or another squad player.

Got this myself a few months back mate

View attachment 64358
fez_I_love_you.gif

We are talking about players who have played at the highest level for their country at major tournaments and for their clubs in the Champions league. They wouldn't need to bed in like you would imagine.

Personally if we can't bring in Zaha ( which i doubt we will ) and we are truly looking at bringing in a top winger this window, then i would rather go out and get Hakim Ziyech.

Yeah players at highest quality I agree but they not played in the prem which is a whole diff type of league. how many superstars we seen come over and not adapt. not saying they wouldn't but at least with Zaha you know he can do it

Zaha has done it in prep though and the other players would need bedding in. with Zaha we know 100% what we are getting in this league

Aargh I really hate this argument.

Peinaar at Spurs, he was dreadful
Lukaku at Man U hasn’t been up to standard.
James Beattie

So many players move in the PL from one team to another and flop, because the team they move to play a different system or have a different role in the team.

We don’t play footy the way palace do, he is not a guaranteed success by any stretch of the imagination.

Not always a guarantee that tho. Tadic was hit and miss for Southampton but he tore it up in the Champs League last season, plenty of other examples like that.

Prem is a ruthless league

Yeah players at highest quality I agree but they not played in the prem which is a whole diff type of league. how many superstars we seen come over and not adapt. not saying they wouldn't but at least with Zaha you know he can do it

How many have. Weak argument. Just 3 off the top of my head - Aguero, Henry, Zola. In fact most of the biggest names in the PL (Man U kidz and Shearer aside) have been imported. It’s largely down to good scouting.

We know Zaha can do it at palace, we don’t know if he fits our system or set up. We’re hardly set up like palace do in most games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back