Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell you what this window has shown, that you dont need European football to get players in, no one cares about the Europa league. I hope we can win a cup and if so we will get in it that way, but if not i hope we avoid 6 or 7th again next season. If we have a go at 4th and miss out and come 5th fair enough
But if we finish 8th again all it will prove is that the players we brought in weren't as good as we thought, and we might have got better people in if we'd been in the Europa League...

Can’t see the midfield shouts personally. Gomes Gbamin Delph Siggurdson all expecting first team football. Schneiderlin and Davies still trusted by the manager. Bernard potentially dropping into number 10. Besic and McCarthy still not moved on yet. I can’t see why we’d want to add another first team player to that. I’m all for squad strength but there’s going to be 20 million pound midfielders sat on the bench if we’re not careful.
20 million pound is nothing these days, if we want to be a top top team we need to have these good problems. IMO

But if we finish 8th again all it will prove is that the players we brought in weren't as good as we thought, and we might have got better people in if we'd been in the Europa League...

....I really don’t think playing in Europe this season makes a difference. Players move here because of the cash, and Everton are an attractive proposition. If they want to play in Europe, they can turn Everton down and move to Celtic.

....I wonder about James McCarthy. Silva has come out and publicly criticised him for his performance in training. I wonder if the player has made it known he wants to see out the last year of his contract and move on a lucrative Bosman. Silva might be putting pressure on.

All conjecture, of course, but we have a few players entering their final season who we might struggle to move on, except on loan.

What's he said about McCarthy eggs

Can’t see the midfield shouts personally. Gomes Gbamin Delph Siggurdson all expecting first team football. Schneiderlin and Davies still trusted by the manager. Bernard potentially dropping into number 10. Besic and McCarthy still not moved on yet. I can’t see why we’d want to add another first team player to that. I’m all for squad strength but there’s going to be 20 million pound midfielders sat on the bench if we’re not careful.
We already have £20m midfielder on the bench in Morgan, also Walcott was £20m as well

See Rojo is 4/1 to come to us. Thoughts as a short-term plan B if Chelsea want to hold Zouma for a year?

He'd have to be the 3rd choice, and even then I'm not happy with that as were taking yet another Utd cast off.

Zouma is a chelsea cast off aswell like but he's proven at us and works well with Keane. We dont know if we can trust Mina yet. Going to be an exciting few days!

(Odds mean nothing, btw)

Apart from the french RB it’s not looking too good at the moment regards our other main targets.

Palace and Watford are playing hard ball cos they know we are cashed up with Russian rubles. It’s a case of who blinks first and it could go down to the wire.

Whatever happens they are mad to turn down £65m for Zaha and £40 for Doucoure.

Inappropriate Language
I think if we get another midfielder, I think that would be that for Schneiderlin. Besic and McCarthy will also move on.

So we will have 5 midfielders with Davies. And if silva wants to play 433 For certain games, possibly full time in the near future you will need 5/6 players to play that system if you want to compete and play in Europe. The [Poor language removed] play that system and have 5. Plus Lallana and the Ox as an attacking midfield option.

Last season silva Basically played Gana, Gomes and Siggurdsson every game ( when fit) , as he didn’t trust anyone else. He wants quality players and strong competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back