Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a shame the window SLAMS shut at 5pm.
The amount of heads falling off in here today is mental, keep it going lads.

I'm spending 5 minutes working then 25 minutes on here refreshing, not productive but great fun.

For what it's worth I'm happy at Moise Keane would like a centre half and if Zaha comes off great, but remember we still have some decent players.

Midfield and attack have improved but the fact we are considerably weaker in defence concerns me.

Wouldn't say considerably. Weaker on cover for CB, stronger at RB. That could easily change by 5pm. Midfield looking good and hopefully we have a striker that actually knows where the net is. Get Zaha in and we are cruising.

You do realise that we are not after a starting CB from Manure but a back up. We couldn't get our 1st choice in Zouma but maybe he will be available in January or next Summer. This is the actual time for a stop gap for cover only. We have 2 adequate CBs currently so unless a serious injury occurs the loanie stop gap will not play that much.
Using the same logic Zouma would have been back up last year then? Would you class 36 games as not much, because that's how many games he played. It's not an 11 man game anymore, we need a centre half who is capable of at least challenging for a spot every week.

Gibson and Holgate would be relegation material. We need experienced cover.

As cover though they are fine, i suspect you are right though and we will snag Rojo. Just dont rate him to be honest, but if it means Zouma in the future i could tolerate it as long as he is not near the first team and takes a Jags last season role.

Rojo is awful though and id honestly play definitely Holgate ahead of him.

Wouldn't say considerably. Weaker on cover for CB, stronger at RB. That could easily change by 5pm. Midfield looking good and hopefully we have a striker that actually knows where the net is. Get Zaha in and we are cruising.

We have one regularly available senior CB mate. Mina is injury prone.

Holgate is not good enough.

Why not just sign a player that is good enough to be starting quality, from abroad.

Instead of leaving it to the last second. Just an idea

There's not that many CD's in the PL that have come from abroad and instantly hit the ground running and been the starting quality you'd want.

As cover though they are fine, i suspect you are right though and we will snag Rojo. Just dont rate him to be honest, but if it means Zouma in the future i could tolerate it as long as he is not near the first team and takes a Jags last season role.

Rojo is awful though and id honestly play definitely Holgate ahead of him.
I hope Holgate stays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back