Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you actually stupid? The “top top” players are few and far between and play for CL clubs.

Who would you consider in this category and
Who could we realistically get that fits into this category?
?
So you are saying it is impossible to break into the top 4 because we can never sign players of that quality?

Honestly mate, have a think about what your saying.

As cover though they are fine, i suspect you are right though and we will snag Rojo. Just dont rate him to be honest, but if it means Zouma in the future i could tolerate it as long as he is not near the first team and takes a Jags last season role.

Rojo is awful though and id honestly play definitely Holgate ahead of him.
This is what I find bizarre. You cannot possibly have seen Lewis Gibson play more than maybe 3 times? All in friendlies. That's assuming you've been watching these friendlies online, I doubt you've seen him in the flesh once. And yet you confidently state he'd be fine to play a load of Premier League games. You cannot have any basis for that assertion whatsoever.

Why not just sign a player that is good enough to be starting quality, from abroad.

Instead of leaving it to the last second. Just an idea

Unless you sign Messi, there really are no guarantees that an overseas based player that would be willing to come to Everton will be starting quality from the off, that's why you have to pay near £100m for a Wilified Zaha or a Harry Maguire.

Might not be anything, but Rojo is with his agent today having talks in united’s office. (Manchester evening news)

Attachments

• 30C2555B-38C4-4F41-82D7-2C12AF1223F7.webp
    30C2555B-38C4-4F41-82D7-2C12AF1223F7.webp
    22.5 KB · Views: 72
?
So you are saying it is impossible to break into the top 4 because we can never sign players of that quality?

Honestly mate, have a think about what your saying.

What he's saying is you have to be smarter than them in who you sign. You cant get ready made talent so you get players you can develop for less, then trade at a profit. That's what takes you up the talent ladder.

Wouldn't say considerably. Weaker on cover for CB, stronger at RB. That could easily change by 5pm. Midfield looking good and hopefully we have a striker that actually knows where the net is. Get Zaha in and we are cruising.
how is the midfield looking good? we have just lost our best midfielder and replaced him with a journeyman and an unknown quantity

Using the same logic Zouma would have been back up last year then? Would you class 36 games as not much, because that's how many games he played. It's not an 11 man game anymore, we need a centre half who is capable of at least challenging for a spot every week.

Yes Zouma was a back up and because Mina wasn't quite ready Zouma grabbed his chance. Smalling or Rojo on loan would be OK with me. Not the greatest but OK as cover

Do you see signing Zaha is a risk ?

Yep. I do. We aren’t bad vs teams that attack us, we’re bad as breaking down those that sit and defend. I know he can break the lines, but if we look at his goals and assists for palace I feel we also have to look at his returns when palace are at home (where teams sit back and don’t press).

Palace had one of the worst home records In The league last year. Could even be the worst.

Also I work in Canary Wharf, have more than 0 palace friends and have seen them on tv a bit. He goes missing during games. In my mind he is a risk of turning bolasie on us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back