Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool, Tottenham and Man City, haven;'t really set the world alight but i expect them to be stronger this season.
Chelsea losing Hazard and not being able to sign anyone makes them weaker, however it's still Chelsea with an impressive squad with many talented youngsters.
Arsenal strengthened well, even with the last minute punt for Luiz equalling our desperation for a CD
Man Utd, would only sell Rojo for extortionate fee, they're scared of us, says it all.

Will we break the top 6? I don't think so
Will we be closer to them than lat year, and take more points from them this year? I think so

The window as a whole was pretty good but the last week was really really poor. There was seemingly no back up plans for any of our targets. There is no conceivable way that Marcus Rojo was on any list of "who can we get to replace Zouma?" until today. SCREAMS of knee jerk scattergun approach .

Also the Iwobi part makes no sense either as we could have offered that money earlier in the window to someone better instead of a last minute long shot.

Yes, we all get that but you cant alwaya get what you want. The players in are quality and this is a better squad.overall. be a little more positive please.
It's left a massive gap so I don't know if I agree that this is a better squad than last season's.

Remains to be seen how adequate Delph and GBamin will be at replacing Gueye.

Central Defence is one of the most important areas of the pitch for me.

Nice post.

Objectively, I'm happy with every signing (though think we have overpaid for Iwobi).

But, no centre-half is a huge oversight. I was happy for us to wait on Zouma and my guess is we were confident at, of the very least, getting Tomori if all failed (even though I don't think he was the answer).

However, we should have had another option. I appreciate that Luiz's move came out of nowhere and could not be foreseen. But it's no excuse not to have had another option away from Chelsea.
definitely thought we would take timori if the bid for zouma failed

All over twitter - Iwobi price was only 28 million.

Nowt wrong with that. We wanted him AND Zaha (who we only bid a reasonable amount on ONCE - and then they tried to double the price). Iwobi was not a knee jerk, second choice signing. Everton tried to get both, got one at a reasonable price, if the 28 mil rumors are true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back