Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soumare to replace Gana? Surely not? Their stats are world apart. Soumare average 0.7 tackle and 0.3 interception per game.
Also have to look at the team and league he plays in. Lille are second in the league with a +31 GD and the least goals scored against in the league. Lille also play a majority of their game in the opponents half according to WhoScored.
5529F2BF-C159-4DAE-91FD-2A183DE7BCDA.webp
So right now it could be very much so that he and Gana do 20% of the teams defensive load for their respective teams but we are forced to do more defending making gana’s numbers higher by default

Also have to look at the team and league he plays in. Lille are second in the league with a +31 GD and the least goals scored against in the league. Lille also play a majority of their game in the opponents half according to WhoScored.
View attachment 57868
So right now it could be very much so that he and Gana do 20% of the teams defensive load for their respective teams but we are forced to do more defending making gana’s numbers higher by default

Don’t think that is how it should be average out. Gana average 4.5 tackle and 2.5 interception per game. An average of 7 repossession per game.

That’s massive difference if you compare to Soumare. I would like to think soumare is not a defensive midfield. If we reduce our ball winning abilities by that much, our whole game plan will be destroy as no team can counter effectively without regular transition. With soumare and Gomes, we will have a midfield with the lowest number of tackles and interception in the entire league. Disaster.

I would not be keen on getting any Frenchies in. France is an ok place to visit (parts of it at least) but history reveals it to be a nation of surrender monkeys...Vichy France was a disgrace

Cannot see us being in for Memphis at all, Soumare, Tousart, Leao (even though he didn’t play) however...I can see it and am excited by it
Soumare at one point was strongly linked with City, whilst he may not be a replacement for Gana right now, if Gomes isn’t tied down we need to be identifying exciting young midfield players before someone else takes a punt on them and we regret it
For once I have a bit of faith that our business will be done fast and effectively
In Brandalf we trust
Leao played.

Nymzee was the one high on Soumare and he did not disappoint. 2 DMs/CMs with Maia and Soumare and Soumare the more forward moving if the two. He looked great. He hasn't played much until these last couple weeks, but he looked outstanding today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back