Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe we will be signing any Premiership players this summer never mind players from City or Liverpool.
But, the lesson to be learned from those clubs is the kind of player you buy.
Good footballers certainly but athletic and most importantly lots of pace.

...absolutely, i’m not suggesting a battering ram but I am suggesting ability with pace, strength and power.
For me, he is raw. Mentally he looks drained at Citeh given he’s an impact player at best. I do believe there is more to him than what he’s shown, but he’d be pricey and may also be still in Citeh’s plans with all the games they have - plus Aguero does struggle with knocks.

If he came here, I don’t think he’d be the best we could attract in terms of fitting in with the players we have, but I do believe he would give our wide players better movement and he is more deadly than what we have.

So whilst I like him, the fee would have to be spot on as his wages wouldn’t be low.

That being said, I would love him if he came.

I’d say we need to take a risk on a striker and hope they come good but then I think of the other risks in Klaassen, Tosun, Sandro etc and I’m not so sure...

Krzysztof Piątek wreaks of *Jelavic.

*The formidable 5 month one touch finish scenario.

Like the look of him, from his YouTube - Looks to have good hold up and decision making.

From the clips, the clips - the defences are fast asleep, my concern would be how he operated against the Burnley’s, Southampton etc... crammed defences.

But he looks better then what we have and young enough to develop further.

I’d say we need to take a risk on a striker and hope they come good but then I think of the other risks in Klaassen, Tosun, Sandro etc and I’m not so sure...

I know, I am scared when it comes to us plumping for players now. It’s almost as though I’ve become ‘Dithering Dave’ and want to know the ins and outs before giving my thumbs up.

Easy to understand how so many of our fans are turning their noses up at what look to be almost ideal signings - Myself included, even when they would never come to us.

Just hoping Brands and Marco pull it out the bag this summer.

Piatek is good and asking whether he could adapt to the Prem is fair but the credentials are there.

The only other Milan player is possibly Suso if he could be had on the cheap. They really aren't particularly talented.

Hasn't Marcel Brands already stated the club has identified it's preferred transfer targets? Just a waiting game until announcements are made. Everything else is just guesswork and speculation. Relax, the SilvaBrand combination have got it all mapped out. What could possibly go wrong...

Hasn't Marcel Brands already stated the club has identified it's preferred transfer targets? Just a waiting game until announcements are made. Everything else is just guesswork and speculation. Relax, the SilvaBrand combination have got it all mapped out. What could possibly go wrong...
Just like when we identified and announced Giroud, mata and witsel

He really hasn't been statistically any great deal better than Iheanacho was at City. I'm just saying a finisher in City's team is going to look a lot better than in ours. Tosun would have 15 this year in that City side.

Thats not true at all though he has more then double the amount of goals at City then Iheanachco had over the same periods at the club. Tosun would have scored less the Bony did at City.

I would also argue its not as easy a job being a striker at City as at other teams, i dont know do lads watch City a lot but they are playing week in week out against teams with 10 men behind the ball and suck the space out of the box and between the lines. Their strikers often play as decoys and its no surprise their midfielders have top goal scoring stats as a result. Its a lazy assumption to say that all strikers do City is just slot. Pep is pretty demanding of roles and his players being hybrids able to play multiple, numerous and decoy roles, he dropped Aguero for a good while because he couldn't adapt.

Thats not true at all though he has more then double the amount of goals at City then Iheanachco had over the same periods at the club. Tosun would have scored less the Bony did at City.

I would also argue its not as easy a job being a striker at City as at other teams, i dont know to lads watch City a lot but they are playing week in week out against teams with 10 men behind the ball and suck the space of the box and between the lines. Their strikers often play as decoys and its no surprise their midfielders have top goal scoring stats as a result. Its a lazy assumption to say that that all strikers just do at City are slot, Pep is pretty demanding of roles and his players being hybrids able to play multiple, numerous and decoy roles.
It's not an assumption. Theres a lot of evidence that Jesus is mostly a finisher who doesn't involve himself in the buildup that much. Making runs to take defenders away is great but that's not enough to make him useful beyond his goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back