Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely Ligue 1. I think we all hold a soft spot for Serie A for nostalgic reasons.
I actually think Ligue 1 is a great league to sign players from to play in the PL. It's to me, the closest in style. It's fast, there are a TON of good athletes, and a TON of young players get to actually play. Both Lyon and PSG made the knockout round, but Monaco - that's been kind of an anomaly, and the Europa league teams, just a strange group, although Rennes gave Arsenal the biggest run for their money of anyone so far.

Is it as good as the other 3? Nah. But it's not as far away as you may think. The athleticism is really high and the depth of players from France and Africa is significant.

I actually think Ligue 1 is a great league to sign players from to play in the PL. It's to me, the closest in style. It's fast, there are a TON of good athletes, and a TON of young players get to actually play. Both Lyon and PSG made the knockout round, but Monaco - that's been kind of an anomaly, and the Europa league teams, just a strange group, although Rennes gave Arsenal the biggest run for their money of anyone so far.

Is it as good as the other 3? Nah. But it's not as far away as you may think. The athleticism is really high and the depth of players from France and Africa is significant.
Yes, I would like a few more Gallic players at FF. Always admired the French.

Cavani is a top player and we would get a few years out of him. But I am not entirely sure he would fit Silva's system and Brands wants younger players who demand less wages. I just can't see it. Cavani will be after one last payday. If it was possible him, DCL and a player that runs in behind would be perfect but it's not happening. The likes of Haller, Lao and Pepe seem more likely

Jesus. I'm saying, again, Ligue 1 and Serie A aren't the top leagues. I doubt thats up for debate.

Neymar and Mbappe signed for the money. Pure n simple. And be gone before too long I suspect.

I genuinely don't think Cavani would do it in Spain, England or Germany, for me all better leagues.

I agree they aren’t the best leagues - La Liga and the Prem are the two best by some margin but there’s no way that the Bundesliga is better than the other two. I’d say they’re at about the same level.

You obviously don’t rate Cavani but to say he couldn’t “do it” in England, Spain or Germany when he’s been top scorer in France and Italy is a bit questionable. It wasn’t long ago that he finished 3rd top goalscorer in the CL behind Messi and Ronaldo. He’s also outscored Neymar at times for PSG, and was top scorer in the South American world cup qualifying stages.

If you aren’t a fan then fair enough but it’s like saying Lewandowski couldn’t do it in the Prem because he’s only done it in Germany..

Goat’s right in saying that he’d have no drive to succeed with us though even if we did have a 0.1% chance of getting him. He’ll either go to another of the CL giants or earn mega bucks in China.

Is Tammy Abraham an option? I get the Chelsea transfer ban but having played regularly on loan last couple of years, I can’t see him either being a regular starter there or happy to be a bit part of the squad. Sure he turned an offer to join Wolves on loan in Jan preferring to stay settled in a Villa side who set up in a way that played to his strengths. For me, a better finisher than DCL and still developing.

Has enough about him in my opinion to improve on what we have today. Recognise you get shot down here for having an opinion, but from what I’ve seen, he knows where the ...ing net is. Hey Big Man, What’s your name?

Is Tammy Abraham an option? I get the Chelsea transfer ban but having played regularly on loan last couple of years, I can’t see him either being a regular starter there or happy to be a bit part of the squad. Sure he turned an offer to join Wolves on loan in Jan preferring to stay settled in a Villa side who set up in a way that played to his strengths. For me, a better finisher than DCL and still developing.

Has enough about him in my opinion to improve on what we have today. Recognise you get shot down here for having an opinion, but from what I’ve seen, he knows where the ...ing net is. Hey Big Man, What’s your name?

Cant stand him personally, seems to have improved a lot, but meh.

Everybody is entitled to an opinion on here, even people who are wrong.

:hayee:

Everton manager Marco Silva is eager to make Andre Gomes and Kurt Zouma his first signings of the transfer window as their loan spell comes to an end.

There is uncertainty around both with Gomes attracting Tottenham Hotspur and Chelsea’s transfer embargo complicating how many players they can sell this summer. Zouma is due to return to Stamford Bridge.

Silva says he has no indication from either player they do not wish to prolong their Goodison stay.

“I have a relationship with both,” he said.

“With both it is really good and really honest, until now I didn’t have one sign coming from them they don’t want be here. I am not saying they won’t change their mind tomorrow, three days or a week, but since we started to plan something their opinion has been really important.

“I have to have in mind what is their opinion when I plan. Let’s see what will be the decision, not just for them, but with their clubs.

“We are happy with them because they did well. We as a club and we as a technical staff really helped them both, it is clear. They know that because now everyone is looking at Zouma in a different way to last season.

“He had a tough season, really tough season [the year before]. Of course I took that decision in the last four hours of the market to sign him and it was a really good decision. It would be really important for us to keep both.

“We believe in them, we give them something and we really help them. They help us, also. They have been fantastic professionals since they joined our club so let’s see what we can do. I hope and our fans also hope we can sign with them.”

Silva says his transfer plans have been discussed with his board and Director of Football Marcel Brands as the club seeks improvement next season.

“We have targets. Not just now, but from some weeks ago,” said Silva.

“It is a matter of business and others things. It is not so important they are done in five days or 10 days. Of course it is better if they are done before a month before the start of the season so we have the time. The board will do everything they can to do everything as fast as they can until the beginning of the season.

“As a club we want to show our ambition onside the pitch and off the pitch.”

Everton head to Spurs for their final game. Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Richarlison are out with injury.

Take Deeney before Cavani has to be the worst shout i've seen in a long time.

Deeney - 135 prem games 37 goals

Cavani - 266 Games 214 goal

How many has Cavani scored in the Premier League?

Admittedly at first glance Goats post seems insane. But you only have to look at Higuain’s struggles to see that sometimes it’s not worth the risk. Especially at the wage Cavani would want.

Admittedly at first glance Goats post seems insane. But you only have to look at Higuain’s struggles to see that sometimes it’s not worth the risk. Especially at the wage Cavani would want.

No, seriously it is insane!

None - But he scores in the Champions League regularly and he would score a lot more goals than Troy, you cant compare the two they are different animals.

And also you cant compare a fat Higuain with Cavani, i'm not sure why they are even compared, there is no logic as you could easily just compare Cavani with an older successful player who made the transition.

If Cavani was available, then you take a guy like that. Not that he would join us in the first place.

Cavani at least looks in shape and mobile enough which is a start, Higuains a sloth, looks very out of shape for a top level player and not suited to the pace of premier league

No, seriously it is insane!

None - But he scores in the Champions League regularly and he would score a lot more goals than Troy, you cant compare the two they are different animals.

And also you cant compare a fat Higuain with Cavani, i'm not sure why they are even compared, there is no logic as you could easily just compare Cavani with an older successful player who made the transition.

If Cavani was available, then you take a guy like that. Not that he would join us in the first place.

You can’t say ‘you can’t compare the two’ when that’s literally what we are talking about!

Sure, that's why I suggested Meunier to take his starting XI place.

Tbh I have never seen him play so I wasn’t sure if he would be better than Coleman or competition . We need to sign quality to push on, we need to make our current first team players squad players with our signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back