Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
....looks like one of those players you would hate to play against; fast, strong and no lost causes. He could actually be a defensive midfielder given how busy he looks.

Would actually be a good foil for our CBs because he provides what Mina and Keane lack. The height is a concern, but you look at the forwards for the top Premier League teams and they’re built more for pace than aerial power.
I agree Eggs. He has pace and great upper body strength. I think he'd be a great foil for either of he other two and would enable us to play a higher line with a bit more confidence due to his pace, which would also enable us to do a higher press in some games.

I would only be concerned about the lack of height when defending set pieces, but that can be provided by other positions. Lukaku was always very good at defending set pieces. It doesn't have to come from your centre backs. If you believe the rumours we are also looking for a big centre mid so that would help.

....looks like one of those players you would hate to play against; fast, strong and no lost causes. He could actually be a defensive midfielder given how busy he looks.

Would actually be a good foil for our CBs because he provides what Mina and Keane lack. The height is a concern, but you look at the forwards for the top Premier League teams and they’re built more for pace than aerial power.

Plus height can be offset by jumping ability. I like my defenders to be no-nonsense.

Willi Orban (Leipzig) to me is one of the best in the world but he's unfashionable.

We've put in a bid for German full back Rex Verteidiger apparently. Sauce is Bild.

Genuine question .. Gomes ... do you think he’ll sign ? Few loose reports suggesting Wolves are interested now ? Would that project appeal to him to you think ? I trust Brands / Silva to bring in the right players for system we want to play going forward but just can’t understand why the delay ? Maybe it’s something simply I’m missing ‍♂️

Genuine question .. Gomes ... do you think he’ll sign ? Few loose reports suggesting Wolves are interested now ? Would that project appeal to him to you think ? I trust Brands / Silva to bring in the right players for system we want to play going forward but just can’t understand why the delay ? Maybe it’s something simply I’m missing ‍♂
I think its been locked up for some time. Every article about someone else interested is just smoke the media blows to make money.

He did crush it. He could be a taker in end game PKs, but not for in-game penalties. If a pen is stopped or bounces back from the post, it is a live ball and we have an open net. Risk not worth taking, no matter how good it was.
This is the exact reason why it doesn't happen.

Think Chilavert, the Paraguayan was the exception to this rule, think he came up to take some free kicks, even riskier again.

I've seen him on TV a few times this season and that's basically how I'd sum him up. He's a bit like if you played Gueye at centreback. Personally I think he lacks the quality on the ball for a top English side, and I think he'd get rolled here far more than he does in Spain. Lots of forwards in La Liga don't really expect aggressive defending and so he's often able to nick in and win the ball before they get set. Players are more used to it over here; I don't think he'd get away with it half as much.

....yep, the clips i’ve seen suggest he’s not the most comfortable in possession, poor touch and wants to get rid asap. He can defend, though, he’s rapid over a short distance and i’m not surprised at his interception stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back