Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazy how so much is kept under wraps now Brands is in charge, all the old ITK’s have gone deadly quiet.

WRD1878 not posting on the other forum no more?

This summer has the feeling of Martinez second season. We didn’t strengthen in that summer (just secured Lukaku and Barry) and suffered for it. Same again here if we just sign Gomes and Zouma ( and a couple of fringe for the future types) Need to be pulling, at a minimum, two quality signings out of the bag. Do we have the spends for it though?

This summer has the feeling of Martinez second season. We didn’t strengthen in that summer (just secured Lukaku and Barry) and suffered for it. Same again here if we just sign Gomes and Zouma ( and a couple of fringe for the future types) Need to be pulling, at a minimum, two quality signings out of the bag. Do we have the spends for it though?

I don’t think money is the problem. It’s the bloated wage bill and usual transfer merry-go-round. One big transfer will happen and then everything else will move.

...the main point for me, is if these youngsters were truly top drawer then Silva would want them at his disposal. He only sends them on loan because he’s not going to use them.

There’s a general assumption on here, that these are good moves because these players will come back and challenge for 1st team places but the reality is that rarely happens. Galloway and Garbutt going on loan were seen as great moves all around, but the two players have ended up expensive millstones.

I am talking generally, and only aware of the Virginia move when I read your post. Goalkeeper is a unique position, i don’t mind him going out so much although the fact he’s not stepping up as Pickford’s deputy does give me a little doubt.

All true.
Keepers are as you say a unique position, they need a lot of experience, at the same time if we have to loan him out he's probably not a top drawer prospect, the keepers that play top flight football for their mother clubs are few and far inbetween on the top of my head donnarumma. Kepa did as well.

Someone may tell brands the transfer window is about to close

Arsenal being heavily linked but they’ll want him on a season long loan. Barca will want cash now to off-set against incoming transfers so if we want him and are willing to buy him now then we’ve got chances.

Purely speculating, but it could be that Brands has made his offer (as he did with Mina) and Barca are playing the game to try and get a bit more cash out of us / someone else (as they did with Mina).

In which case, it's a waiting game.

All true.
Keepers are as you say a unique position, they need a lot of experience, at the same time if we have to loan him out he's probably not a top drawer prospect, the keepers that play top flight football for their mother clubs are few and far inbetween on the top of my head donnarumma. Kepa did as well.

....I’ll actually will be watching Nicolas Hansen with interest now he’s signed a pro contract with us. Florida born goalkeeper, I expect the coaches like him a lot.

Is the window shut yet? Don't hit the panic button just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back