Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He was on talking to Natalie Sawyer yesterday I think it was and basically said Man City's achievements this season were nothing all that special. As per usual they got round to Everton as seems the norm if they have a kopite on and he said he sees Wolves, Leicester and Newcastle as bigger clubs with more pull than us. Apparently we'll be fortunate to remain a top 8 club and can expect to slip further and further down the pecking order.

Bitter nonsense as usual, and they call us bitter eh? hahaha
Did his nose grow even longer as he spoke?

Finding it hard to judge the situation at the moment. Is the lack of spending due to lack of funds or are we playing the waiting game to get the players we want.

It’s a bit worrying when you see that financial stuff from the esk. I can’t claim to have any real knowledge on what he’s saying is true or not but it does come against the backdrop of a January window where the message coming from the club was about the need to sell before buying. Again, it’s hard to know what the truth is or was. Was that a negotiating tactic? Or is it a glimpse into our current financial situation?

Whether there’s 10M or 100M in the coffers, I think it’s fair to claim that we need to try and ship off some players and get the number of playing staff down to a reasonable amount, and in turn, reduce the wage bill to a more manageable level.

In terms of recruitment, I’d guess it will be minimal. Gomes is boxed. Hopefully Zouma is made available by Chelsea. People will look at getting those 2 players as standing still from 2018/19 but I don’t agree. Improvements don’t necessarily have to come from buying new players. There’s a core of players there who are decent. We all know who that 12-15 players are. That continuity of them playing together and becoming more integrated in Silva’s tactics may be the best way to progress.

Realistically it should be viewed as a 3 year project where we are entering Year 2. What we want to see this year is a continuation of the end of season form in 2018/19. The aim should be to be the 7thbest team in the league. People will scoff at that but that’s a realistic aim. With Leicester, Wolves and West Ham investing and having a good core squad also, getting 7thwill be easier said than done. It also gives you the chance of getting 6th or even 5th if the likes of Arsenal or United really struggle.
If we go into the season with largely the same squad that ended the last season, I can't see much improvement. We badly lack in forward areas.

He was on talking to Natalie Sawyer yesterday I think it was and basically said Man City's achievements this season were nothing all that special. As per usual they got round to Everton as seems the norm if they have a kopite on and he said he sees Wolves, Leicester and Newcastle as bigger clubs with more pull than us. Apparently we'll be fortunate to remain a top 8 club and can expect to slip further and further down the pecking order.

Newcastle!

I found a recent picture of him. Sad to see him in such bad shape.
4eb1be93b6ae4331742b98ec76447dff96a0b119d93faf7b93a281bbfc64c4e5.jpg

Finding it hard to judge the situation at the moment. Is the lack of spending due to lack of funds or are we playing the waiting game to get the players we want.

It’s a bit worrying when you see that financial stuff from the esk. I can’t claim to have any real knowledge on what he’s saying is true or not but it does come against the backdrop of a January window where the message coming from the club was about the need to sell before buying. Again, it’s hard to know what the truth is or was. Was that a negotiating tactic? Or is it a glimpse into our current financial situation?

Whether there’s 10M or 100M in the coffers, I think it’s fair to claim that we need to try and ship off some players and get the number of playing staff down to a reasonable amount, and in turn, reduce the wage bill to a more manageable level.

In terms of recruitment, I’d guess it will be minimal. Gomes is boxed. Hopefully Zouma is made available by Chelsea. People will look at getting those 2 players as standing still from 2018/19 but I don’t agree. Improvements don’t necessarily have to come from buying new players. There’s a core of players there who are decent. We all know who that 12-15 players are. That continuity of them playing together and becoming more integrated in Silva’s tactics may be the best way to progress.

Realistically it should be viewed as a 3 year project where we are entering Year 2. What we want to see this year is a continuation of the end of season form in 2018/19. The aim should be to be the 7thbest team in the league. People will scoff at that but that’s a realistic aim. With Leicester, Wolves and West Ham investing and having a good core squad also, getting 7thwill be easier said than done. It also gives you the chance of getting 6th or even 5th if the likes of Arsenal or United really struggle.
I think realistically that when one big name player moves it will start the transfer carousel. The teams that would sign our players would need to offload some of theirs first and likewise same with us. I hope that if Palace sell Zaha they may want Bolasie back. I d

I think realistically that when one big name player moves it will start the transfer carousel and things will start to speed up in the market. The teams that would sign our players would probably need to offload some of theirs first and likewise same with us. I hope that if Palace sell Zaha they may want Bolasie back or take a punt on Mirallas (fingers crossed). I don't think Zouma will be signed (if he is) until August unless he decides to force through a move now.

I'm not worried at the minute, though I'll reconsider in August if there's no tangible movements in or out.

McCarthy has a year left on his contract - on one will pay money for him knowing they can loan for a season then get him on a free
No one will pay a bean for Bolasie, he will be getting loaned out until his contract expires

Neres won't be going anywhere this summer. Will do his development wonders staying at Ajax. He's still young with plenty of time on his hands. Maybe if we get Europe next season, then will work in our favour to sign him ?

Neres won't be going anywhere this summer. Will do his development wonders staying at Ajax. He's still young with plenty of time on his hands. Maybe if we get Europe next season, then will work in our favour to sign him ?

...similar to when Everton players go out on loan, there is an assumption that these moves are great for a players development but those assumptions are based on the player doing really well.

Ajax might have a difficult time next season, players who thrived last time around might not hit the same heights. The reality is, we just don’t know.

...similar to when Everton players go out on loan, there is an assumption that these moves are great for a players development but those assumptions are based on the player doing really well.

Ajax might have a difficult time next season, players who thrived last time around might not hit the same heights. The reality is, we just don’t know.

They have a few problems on the horizon... They'll lose De Ligt, probably Ziyech, De Jong and Van Der Beek too. Lasse Schone and Huntelaar are probably ready for the knackers yard and Dolberg hasn't improved at all in 18 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back