Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Complete waste of time writing that mate because you’ve totally misunderstood my point.

I’m not calling anyone deadbeats or trying to talk brands down, quite the opposite. I’m saying he’s not stupid, Nor is he obsessed with players being under 26 (which is a truly bizarre cut off point seemingly plucked out of nowhere other than his first few signings being that age). I trust brands, and I think the signings of lossl and Delph would be shrewd moves in the right circumstances. He’s here to sign players to make us better, and 29 year olds can still do that in my incredibly controversial opinion.
I just don’t see what the right circumstances are for Delph being a good sign. I already stated my bit on why Lossl’s age matters less and the fact that he was a free transfer and a back up.

Maybe I’m missing the point because there’s no point in arguing for Delph. And 26 is the age set by him because if you sign a 26 year old on a 5 year contract it will expire when they are 31. If you want full price for a player you sell they need to have more than a year on their contract leaving them around 30. 30 is well know to generally be the downward turning point in a players prime. Whether it actually is or not is a moot point (hopefully some of you American haters out there can appreciate this). Players, just because they hit 30, take a huge hit to their value just for the fact that the next club they are to sign for will most likely not be able to sell them again.

If you don’t do this you’re stuck with players like Bolasie, Mirallas, Walcott, or Martina who will still be with the team past their “prime” on ridiculous wages.

Are we gonna do a Peter Ridsdale Leeds and go bust if we sign Kean, Malcom, Zouma etc?

If we need to sell to buy we are screwed cos all the the crap players we need to sell aren't worth a bean.

Are we gonna do a Peter Ridsdale Leeds and go bust if we sign Kean, Malcom, Zouma etc?

If we need to sell to buy we are screwed cos all the the crap players we need to sell aren't worth a bean.
As long as we are in the Premier League we would have to do some recklessly dumb spending to get in real financial trouble. Like signing those 3 for a combined 250m instead of close to 100m.

Getting lectured on how to support my club by someone who’s never been to a game. Amazing scenes.

Thought a bedroom super scout like you would have known mangala won none of those trophies because he didn’t play but maybe I gave you too much credit.

Again, nobody thinks welbeck and delph would be amazing signings, least of all me. As I’m already on record saying, if delph is supposed to be like a ‘big’ signing I’ll be furious. If he’s coming in alongside the likes of Zouma, neres/Malcom, Kean etc then he’s a really good signing, a definite strengthening of the squad.
Now I can’t be a supporter or want the club as a whole to be ambitious because I don’t live in a location where I could easily attend the games? Good one on that.

Getting a medal for 11 league appearances, 1 FA cup appearance, and 2 league cup appearances is like getting a participation award at that point.

Only sometimes mate cut him some slack

BFBACE47-92EA-4983-9AD3-D1DC51CA6904.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back