Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He won’t , the crowd will sus him out then turn on him - another bang average no mark. How anyone is trying to rationalize this out is beyond me.
Honestly if you can’t see any rationale behind signing a current England international with a winners medal from all 3 domestic competitions last season, I dread to think what you’ve made of 99.9% of signings in the clubs history.

I have no issue at all with people saying they don’t think it’s a good signing - it’s hardly one to set anyone’s pulse racing let’s be clear - but making out like it’s unfathomable or he’s awful is just plain weird. It’s just patently not the case.

Yes.

The players with an * have all got Homegrown status.

Anicio Caldeira Duarte, Bernard
Baines, Leighton John*
Browning, Tyias*
Charsley, Henry William James*
Coleman, Seamus
Digne, Lucas
Galloway, Brendan Joel Zibusiso*
Gueye, Idrissa Gana
Hewelt, Mateusz Tomasz*
Holgate, Mason Anthony*
Jagielka, Philip Nikodem*
Keane, Michael Vincent*
McCarthy, James*
Mina Gonzalez, Yerry Fernando
Niasse, Baye Oumar
Pickford, Jordan Lee*
Schneiderlin, Morgan*
Sigurdsson, Gylfi Thor*
Stekelenburg, Maarten
Tavares Gomes, Andre Filipe
Tosun, Cenk
Walcott, Theo James*
Zouma, Kurt Happy

What in heaven’s name is that list, there’s about 5 players that have left on there.

EDIT: just seen it’s 2018/19 lol lol lol

Honestly if you can’t see any rationale behind signing a current England international with a winners medal from all 3 domestic competitions last season, I dread to think what you’ve made of 99.9% of signings in the clubs history.

I have no issue at all with people saying they don’t think it’s a good signing - it’s hardly one to set anyone’s pulse racing let’s be clear - but making out like it’s unfathomable or he’s awful is just plain weird. It’s just patently not the case.

We have more pressing concerns in other positions than hovering up wage hungry players who will add nothing.

Deal with it because I cannot see anyway this will happen - he belongs at west ham.

The England team has some pretty poor players fill out the squad and being part of a strong team doesn't necessarily mean you're a top player yourself. He's competent but he hasn't been asked to do a massive amount since he left Villa.

If we sign Delph tho who has been playing LB for city. we probably didn’t have to give Baines a 1 year deal. He could have been cover. I don’t mind the signing just like I didn’t mind Barry I just hope we don’t sell Gana an he’s the replacement.

Although it sounds impressive it is actually much easier to play as a left back in a team like City who usually have 70% possession then in a weaker team like ours where you are far more exposed defensively

The England team has some pretty poor players fill out the squad and being part of a strong team doesn't necessarily mean you're a top player yourself. He's competent but he hasn't been asked to do a massive amount since he left Villa.
Could have just written ‘yes you’re right’ because that’s basically what I said. He’s competent, so why are people losing their minds over signing him? If he’s a replacement for gueye I’ll be fuming, if he’s just coming in to strengthen the squad then he 100% does that, no question.

He might even replace Bernard in the side and make you the happiest man alive, who knows.

Perhaps we should bring in England international Welbeck as well. We do need a striker like!

Seems like a sensible squad signing to me, as long as his wages are reasonable.

Cover at CM and LB, and the probably small fee will mean we can move on some of the dead wood that would otherwise have acted as that cover and come out at a profit.

Could have just written ‘yes you’re right’ because that’s basically what I said. He’s competent, so why are people losing their minds over signing him? If he’s a replacement for gueye I’ll be fuming, if he’s just coming in to strengthen the squad then he 100% does that, no question.

He might even replace Bernard in the side and make you the happiest man alive, who knows.
I'm sorry I misunderstood. It helps to actually read.

I know you're joking but obviously replacing Bernard with a DM wouldn't work. I don't think he's that bad. But let's get Malcom in to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back