Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe the Delph rumors unless all three of Gana, Schneids and McCarthy are off. Even then, as much stick as Schneids gets for being a bit of a snake, he didn't play badly last year when he got a run in the side. The only time Delph got time at City was due to injuries and that was as a fullback/wingback.

If we sell Gueye, and replace him with Delph, then nothing has changed at Everton and we remain operating in a small time manner. However, I’d really like to see him operate in a midfield three alongside Gueye and Gomes. I think our midfield would much improve in this format with such personnel.

He’d also be a much better back up than Baines, who is finished and will get absolutely rinsed should we be unfortunate enough to call upon him next season.

And you know nothing about football. Playing for one the most successful sides of all time, twice player of the year at villa.
Suggests that pep rated him and villa did.
He isn’t at Man City’s level but that is extremely high.
Kyle Walker plays for City too and he is also garbage, Top top sides have bad players too you know.

Delph doesn't fit our buying pattern at all. Let's spunk money on a squad player from City that's gonna want a huge amount of money and has no resale value. File under "journos" making crap up to make their jobs seem like a thing that's needed.

He wouldn't be my first choice and I'll be somewhat surprised if the links turn out genuine, but would we, really?

He's played 33 games over the last two seasons for the best side in the country, including starting 14 of their run of 18 consecutive league victories...

I think he's probably good enough to play some part in our squad.
Problem being a lot of that was at LB and I'm sure we want him as a midfielder. Although LB is basically midfield half the time for them. I'm talking myself into this now.

Home grown not a problem for us at all

Im not so sure on that mate.

Last season we had 13.

Since then we have sold/released Browning, Galloway, Hewelt and Jags, which brings us down to 9, we are potentially looking to sell McCarthy, which would bring us to 8, then if we are looking to get rid of Walcott and Morgan as well, which we probably arent, that would take us down to 6, with 1 of those being Harry Charsley.

Without checking we probably have some other "yoots" we could name to bulk up the HG and its not currently a problem, but its something we might have to consider, especially if we look at moving Baines on next season.

Im not so sure on that mate.

Last season we had 13.

Since then we have sold/released Browning, Galloway, Hewelt and Jags, which brings us down to 9, we are potentially looking to sell McCarthy, which would bring us to 8, then if we are looking to get rid of Walcott and Morgan as well, which we probably arent, that would take us down to 6, with 1 of those being Harry Charsley.

Without checking we probably have some other "yoots" we could name to bulk up the HG and its not currently a problem, but its something we might have to consider, especially if we look at moving Baines on next season.

That include the returning Holgate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back