Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is our home grown situation like? We’ve lost Jags, Kenny and potentially Lookman. Could this be a move to cover that?

Never said he had but it’s all got to be taken in context.

Do I want him no but if we sign some other top class players it may have a different feel.

I'd quite happily bring in Delph. As long as we can get rid of Schneiderlin, McCarthy, Tosun, Walcott, Besic, Bolasie, Cuco, Garbutt, Niasse, Connolly, Pennington, Stekelenburg, Tarashaj and Mirallas.

Not too much to trim.

If we sign Delph tho who has been playing LB for city. we probably didn’t have to give Baines a 1 year deal. He could have been cover. I don’t mind the signing just like I didn’t mind Barry I just hope we don’t sell Gana an he’s the replacement.

I'd quite happily bring in Delph. As long as we can get rid of Schneiderlin, McCarthy, Tosun, Walcott, Besic, Bolasie, Cuco, Garbutt, Niasse, Connolly, Pennington, Stekelenburg, Tarashaj and Mirallas.

Not too much to trim.
But if Delph was already our player, nearing 30, injury prone and bang average, we’d all be throwing him in that long list of tripe to get rid off.

He’s not gonna come here for peanuts, and at a time when we have such a bloated squad full of his type of averageness that we’re desperately trying to bin off, it makes absolutely no sense.

Can’t get my head around the link at all.

But if Delph was already our player, nearing 30, injury prone and bang average, we’d all be throwing him in that long list of tripe to get rid off.

He’s not gonna come here for peanuts, and at a time when we have such a bloated squad full of his type of averageness that we’re desperately trying to bin off, it makes absolutely no sense.

Can’t get my head around the link at all.

I would rather keep McCarthy who everyone can’t wait to see the back of.

Crazy.

we’d all be throwing him in that long list of tripe to get rid off.
He wouldn't be my first choice and I'll be somewhat surprised if the links turn out genuine, but would we, really?

He's played 33 games over the last two seasons for the best side in the country, including starting 14 of their run of 18 consecutive league victories...

I think he's probably good enough to play some part in our squad.

Delph is absolute garbage

And you know nothing about football. Playing for one the most successful sides of all time, twice player of the year at villa.
Suggests that pep rated him and villa did.
He isn’t at Man City’s level but that is extremely high.

He wouldn't be my first choice and I'll be somewhat surprised if the links turn out genuine, but would we, really?

He's played 33 games over the last two seasons for the best side in the country, including starting 14 of their run of 18 consecutive league victories...

I think he's probably good enough to play some part in our squad.
But we shouldn’t be judging players based on the club they play for. If Delph had produced EXACTLY the same kind of performances for Burnley instead of the league champions, everyone would be laughing it off completely.

Look hes an okay player, he doesn’t excel at anything in particular, he’s a 6 out of 10 man who will do a job. But as I said, what’s the point? At a time when we’re desperately trying to reduce a bloated squad that’s not good enough, we add a Fabian Delph on big wages? I don’t expect everyone will agree it’s all about opinions at the end of the day, but to me it makes zero sense and I’d be staggered if this move gets the green light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back