Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone has turned into Zat. Not every player has to be under 26, a few experienced heads (who in Delph’s case have been v successful) is what we need.

Actually be v happy with Delph signing as a squad player for the middle of the park - better than Davies.

Although I reckon it’s him or Sosa.

I just don’t see what the right circumstances are for Delph being a good sign. I already stated my bit on why Lossl’s age matters less and the fact that he was a free transfer and a back up.

Maybe I’m missing the point because there’s no point in arguing for Delph. And 26 is the age set by him because if you sign a 26 year old on a 5 year contract it will expire when they are 31. If you want full price for a player you sell they need to have more than a year on their contract leaving them around 30. 30 is well know to generally be the downward turning point in a players prime. Whether it actually is or not is a moot point (hopefully some of you American haters out there can appreciate this). Players, just because they hit 30, take a huge hit to their value just for the fact that the next club they are to sign for will most likely not be able to sell them again.

If you don’t do this you’re stuck with players like Bolasie, Mirallas, Walcott, or Martina who will still be with the team past their “prime” on ridiculous wages.
Its about getting the right players on the right deals, and with the right balance.

Bolasie and martina were just poor buys, regardless of their age, so they’re not great examples. Nor is Walcott really, because whether we like him or not, he’s been a regular in the side for 18 months and can certainly be a good squad option next year too. That’s the point really, not everyone has to be the best player in the world, not everyone has to be able to get better. You don’t want ALL your signings to be late 20s, but bringing in the odd player here and there to help you along is really not a problem. It’s not like we don’t have loads of young players on the books too.

Regarding your other post, I didn’t say you can’t be a fan, or anything like it. It’s great that we have fans all over the world. If you’re going to try and tell me what an Everton fan should be demanding or what our place in the English football pecking order is though, I have to point out that I know far more about that than you do.

Seen it before that he's the same age as Mina and Zouma, I thought he was like 19 or something
pennington.png

Yeni Rota!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back