Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We wanted to take the penalty because he had a shirt on honouring Junior Malanda who died a couple of days before
Yeah exactly, it's hardly crime of the century is it. And it's not like he's Tony Hibbert, he can take penalties, he just missed that one. Baines has missed a few too.

Anyway, it's not that i'm his biggest fan or anything, and I hope we can get rid of him this summer, I just think he gets a bit of unfair stick about his attitude because he's a confident bloke.

Much as he was decent at right back last night, I think we need to sign somebody to rival Coleman there, because i'm not convinced he's the answer.

Yeah. he's Brazilian, young, on a big salary and Barca paid a big fee for him last year. All things that count in his favour with a work permit.

Downside is that Barca want to sell him to raise funds so they may hold out for that. That's when our earlier deadline day becomes a disadvantage.
We didn't pay the fee so his previous transfers don't matter. His salary is good for a couple points, but without any national team experience I think its unlikely.

These player buy back clauses, like the one rumoured for Kean, can they be knocked back by the player themselves, if they don't want to go back? Say we bought him and Barcelona or someone came in for him, can the player say no, and we sell him straight to Barcelona? Seems weird that Juventus owns him like that? It's like a loan deal, that they pay to take him back from. Does any other team have to do this, or is it just us that gets swindled

These player buy back clauses, like the one rumoured for Kean, can they be knocked back by the player themselves, if they don't want to go back? Say we bought him and Barcelona or someone came in for him, can the player say no, and we sell him straight to Barcelona? Seems weird that Juventus owns him like that? It's like a loan deal, that they pay to take him back from. Does any other team have to do this, or is it just us that gets swindled
Good point, if Juve don´t want to lose him then loan him to us for 3 years with the option to recall him in 2 years or something. It seems we are taking all the risk with this buyout clause. If he delivers Juve will reap the benefit, if he doesn´t we are stuck with him.

Not just us.

On 19 July 2014, Juventus announced that they had reached an agreement for the fee of €20 million for the transfer of Morata, who signed a five-year deal,[24][25] with Real Madrid having the option to buy him back in the future.
On 21 June 2016, Real Madrid exercised their buy-back clause to re-sign Morata from Juventus for €30 million

Kelechi Iheanacho on Tuesday evening completed a £25 million move from Manchester City to Leicester City after passing a medical, sources have confirmed to KweséESPN.
Manchester City have inserted a buy-back option in the contract, which KweséESPN is told has been pegged at £50m for one of Europe's brightest young footballers.

But they are quite rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back