Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm definitely not ITK. I think Palace are desperate to keep him and have priced him deliberately at a level that is too rich for most. I don't think he wants to leave London and is more likely to wait until Chelsea's transfer embargo is over. Plus Palace would love Batshuai (sp?) in exchange.
Is the Everton bid ( if indeed it is a bid) realistic? Yes. Desireable? Not really. Stranger things have happened but this week I'm 60:40 he'll stay.
I don't know if that is a good decision from his perspective. A lot can change in a year so if Chelsea are saying now that they'll be in later on they might not actually be. Same goes for Batshauyi. If he has a great season at Chelsea this year he will be looking for Europe. It seems a risky game to play to turn everything down and try again in a year.

Best part of the Zaha bid, is fact that Tosun is being told he's not wanted.

Big Sam's lovechild needs to be put in the reserves and told he's not wanted. Otherwise I can see him pulling a 'I'm happy to fight for my place' shout and ruin our deal.

When he'd just be happy to collect a wage.

We’ve sounded out Zaha I’d say, we wouldn’t be going this hard if we thought he wasn’t bothered.

Also the timing of the bids to coincide with him returning and the length of time between bids, to exert maximum pressure.

I have a feeling there may have been a gentleman’s agreement when he signed his last contract, if that’s breached to Palace really want a sulky player.

I don't know if that is a good decision from his perspective. A lot can change in a year so if Chelsea are saying now that they'll be in later on they might not actually be. Same goes for Batshauyi. If he has a great season at Chelsea this year he will be looking for Europe. It seems a risky game to play to turn everything down and try again in a year.
Yes, agreed. But Chelsea may appeal and succeed. Batshauyi then would be better than Tosun now (imo) and Chelsea are more likely to be in Europe than either Everton or Palace in a years time.
Still, a risk, as you say.

I honestly dont think Chelsea have any interest in Zaha - its easy paper talk same way Spurs always used to be linked with him.

The media have a narrative of him being a Landan boy because it never worked out at Utd therefore link all the top Southern clubs to him.
Maybe you’re right and it’s lazy journalism, Chelsea lose their best player and have an abundance of money to spend and zaha wants to play for a champions league club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back