Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We dont need another CM, unless Gbamin is expected to play CB. At this point if this deal comes off, then we just need 2 more players, a winger, and CB/CM. If Silva has said CM then that means Gbamin must be the CB in place of Zouma etc.

We are buying a lot of foreign players. I am just wondering if leaving the EU will have an impact in terms of players we can register. Obviously not this season but going forward.

I know the premier league are looking to increase the number of home grown players in a squad from 8 to 12 should we leave the EU.

We dont need another CM, unless Gbamin is expected to play CB. At this point if this deal comes off, then we just need 2 more players, a winger, and CB/CM. If Silva has said CM then that means Gbamin must be the CB in place of Zouma etc.
I’m not against actual options that can mean we can play different ways. Another CM in the mould of Doucoure would definitely come in handy.

We are buying a lot of foreign players. I am just wondering if leaving the EU will have an impact in terms of players we can register. Obviously not this season but going forward.

I know the premier league are looking to increase the number of home grown players in a squad from 8 to 12 should we leave the EU.

The Premier League would be mad to do so. They would be watering down the quality of their product by a large amount. It would cost them too much money.

Also, doubt the government would interfere too much, as the PL is likely to be one of the few 'British' products anyone in the rest of the world is likely to give a damn about post Brexit.

The Premier League would be mad to do so. They would be watering down the quality of their product by a large amount. It would cost them too much money.

Also, doubt the government would interfere too much, as the PL is likely to be one of the few 'British' products anyone in the rest of the world is likely to give a damn about post Brexit.

Still will fall under work rights and permits if the freedom of movement within the EU is knocked on the head.

Depends if the stipulation of "skilled workers" is used as an exception. Oh and will probably cause transfersl fees to shoot up quicker than they are.

I’m sure Gbamin has only played about 20 games at CB and that was a couple of years ago. A big ask to drop him in at CB in prem league.

I think silva wants more quality in Centre mid. Last season he was virtually picking gana/Gomes/siggurdsson every game. He didn’t have the quality to play 433. With besic, McCarthy and Schneiderlin all going imo . And I don’t think he has the faith in Davies to play say 30 games.

So the link to Doucouré doesn’t surprise me. And I can see the 433 system being used quite a bit this season.

I’m not against actual options that can mean we can play different ways. Another CM in the mould of Doucoure would definitely come in handy.
Oh no doubt he would come in handy, but we dont have the luxury and finances to sign 4 CMs in one window, considering needs elsewhere. We wont sign 4 in one window, at best we will sign 3 and 1 CB.

Not to mention the amount of tax these lads pay..

Watford after Ismailia Sarr for €35 mil if he’s any good we should hijack the bid to remind those bad yellow nonces that we are above them in the pecking order

Threaten to hijack the deal unless they let Doucoure come to us.

Mind you they are supposedly struggling to come up with the €35mill to get him so sellong Doucoure would help!

All very valid this.

The Maguire fee may have pushed the madness into even crazier times ahead.

Sheer lunacy at the prices being quoted now for run of the mill players.

Honestly believe there will be a summer transfer window in the not too soon future where the will be a record low for transfers. As teams just refuse to pay the prices people are asking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back