Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thee always seems to be a conversation about ‘the best players outside the top 6’
Well we could have Digne, Sig, Richarlison and Zaha all of whom are always mentioned in those conversations.
Add in Gomes, Bernard and Kean and things are very exciting.

Best player outside the top 6 after this season?
Probably a Leicester, Man Utd, Chelsea or Arsenal player. None of ours will be eligible.

No other club outside the 'top 6' could afford Zaha.

Also why the hell would he consider any one of those other clubs anyways? We are building an exciting team and have proper aspirations of breaching those top clubs.

The same could be said for a number of deals. United have just paid 85 million for Maguire. Nobody else was competing for his signature.

Quite. If he was priced at £40m he would be at City.

I dont have a downer on the player, I have a downer on the price. For someone arguably we dont really need. Not £60m worth of "Need"

Let's remind ourselves what that Everton statement said about Zaha - "Both clubs agreed that was end of the matter." What has changed since then that might cause both clubs to reconsider ? It's hard to imagine that Palace are any more keen to do a deadline day deal which will leave them light going into the new season. And as for Everton, we'd like to bring in another wide player, but we're not so desperate that we need to offer more than our original valuation. So I'm very sceptical about this Independent story, it smells to me like something planted by an agent hoping to flush out new offers.

To be fair, I’m sure Liverpool said something similar about VvD.

Also, from their transfer dealings so far it appears that Palace are desperate for cash.

I’ve said it a million times already - I don’t want it to happen. I have a sneaky feeling it might, though...

When Harry Maguire is 80m and Ake is quoted at 75m, 65m for Zaha almost sounds reasonable.

Perspective is a weird thing, and the world has gone completely off its rocker.
I was thinking £60m for a proven and extremely dangerous premier player in his prime was worth spending. What's an extra £5m in reality.

If we can get to offload a couple of players on the back of this even better.

Quite. If he was priced at £40m he would be at City.

I dont have a downer on the player, I have a downer on the price. For someone arguably we dont really need. Not £60m worth of "Need"

We need a winger / wide forward, if we can also get one who is one of the best in his position in the league and a genuine match winner. That's what can take us to the next level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back