Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please tell this uninformed American how Zaha (or any player for that matter) submitting a transfer request helps the club interested in buying him?

Can someone please tell this uninformed American how Zaha (or any player for that matter) submitting a transfer request helps the club interested in buying him?

Selling club can blame player for forcing a move rather than fans blaming the club for agreeing to sell. He also gives up any loyalty bonuses he would be entitled to.

He would be third choice for us at best and might get very little football which is exactly what Tomori and Chelsea would not want.

We would be taking a young player with very little experience and would have to accept the mistakes that come with such a player, there would be a substantial risk for us.

I think it will a more experienced player, maybe somebody from abroad if Brands can prise them free.
Zouma really did well for us but always said he wanted to go back and prove himself at Chelsea.
I'm really not sure that's the case you know.

I know some people disagree but I wouldn't be 100% certain that Silva sees Mina and Keane as his first choice pairing. There's a decent chance for someone to come in and get games there I think. Also if you take Zouma and Keane as the first choice pair last season, Mina still started 12 games and Jagielka about 6. So even if you're 3rd choice, we're potentially talking about best part of 20 starts.

*Edit* Sorry I agree with the rest of your post, I was trying to bold the first sentence but it's not working for some reason.

When I first knew that we had lost Zouma my first thoughts were for Nathan Ake from Bournmouth and I know he would be very expensive but at 24 years of age he could be around for a very long time, so worth the money. I was even more impressed when I saw what Van Dijk said about him today on news now Everton.

Selling club can blame player for forcing a move rather than fans blaming the club for agreeing to sell. He also gives up any loyalty bonuses he would be entitled to.
I see. But don't those bonuses come out of what the selling club receives for the transfer? I don't get how that helps the buying team.

It's a definitive sign that he wants to leave the club, and in this era of player power it's a fairly strong thing to do. That said, lots of clubs have ignored them - Liverpool with Suarez as an example.

However, the bigger reason it helps is financially - he foregoes a contractual loyalty bonus for being sold. It could save Palace around £10m, but there's no way of really knowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back