Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t expect Zaha to come to be honest, I don’t expect much from the club these days so I don’t get too angry, anything great they achieve is a welcome surprise.

Got to feel sorry for the Everton shop manager who ordered in 30000 letter Z for shirt printing this week. He's still hoping we are in for Zeus and Zebberdee!!

He's not a winger mate.

Kean wont start on Saturday but going forward will be the main Striker. Not to worry DCL does not have scoring boots so that wont be an issue.

None of our wingers are wingers mate.

Bernard - not a winger
Richarlison - not a winger
Walcott - not a winger
Kean - not a winger

Just în from work. Ah I see we are getting laughed at on SSN for everyone telling us to k'off.

So we are learning that it's not enough to have the money and players themselves begging to join us. The club's are begrudging us and stopping the deals.

We just aren't allowed have nice things.

Well I certainly remember the extremely poor transfer windows, this wasn’t one. I can’t beleive the negativity on here. We are improving all the time. Transfers are very difficult these days and we just do the best we can. We are better off, and as every window comes, we will get stronger. We are pushing forward all the time. That is the difference from other transfer windows. Let’s support the team and staff now, they have still bought some good players.

my take:

it's been a good, possibly even great, window

1. we signed a world class striker who is only 19. Yes, will need to develop and it will take time.... but we could have a world class player....
2. we signed Gomes
3. we fixed the backup RB and GK positions... esp. RB with Coleman up there in age and form wavering....
4. we switched Gana for Delph and Gbamin..... this has potential to be the biggest move for us.... while most of you think this is a downgrade, I look at it in the completely opposite light.... I think with Gana we had one less player going forward at all times.... and without him here, hopefully Delph and Gbamin can provide (key word) balance in our midfield.... I'm more exciting about this change than any other..... I think it will be of great benefit for us.
5. not sure where we stand with the 17 year old Brazilian kid.... but if we have a deal in place for him to join in January, we could potentially have agreed to TWO world class players in one window and they're 18 (in January) & 19 (Kean)...... if that's not exciting, then I have no idea what exactly some of you guys would want......

all in all..... let's let it all play out.... let's take a look how we look without Gana's one-dimensional game holding us back (just one opinion).... and then let's take a look and see how Kean develops, and what ends up happening with the Brazilian kid.....

and one last thing... to be completely honest, 70mil+ for Zaha is ridiculously overpaying..... yes he's a quality player, but that's a crazy price and I would think we could make better use of such an amount.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back