Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have said they want 20m. Still hopeful of this one for around 18m
Yeah, if there's any truth in this and we're at the stage of putting in offers we'll likely have agreement with the agent etc and the player will want the move so hopefully a compromise can be found. As long as there's room in what limited budget we have for a striker too.

No way on earth we sign any of the good players we are linked with. Not a chance.

We will end up with dross like Elanga and panic loans/purchases for Weghorst and some other journeymen. Guaranteed. It's the Everton way.
Leeds want 20 Everton bid 15. They will meet around the middle somewhere and win win for everyone. Gnoto has agreed terms so it's left to the haggle men.

No way on earth we sign any of the good players we are linked with. Not a chance.

We will end up with dross like Elanga and panic loans/purchases for Weghorst and some other journeymen. Guaranteed. It's the Everton way.
Who knows if any of these links and bids are true, but the club needs to urgently stop sniffing around quality players or prospects that have multiple clubs interested. They don’t care about the history of the club or the voracious fanbase. After 2 successive great escapes, a currently weaker squad, ropey finances and ownership changes, the only way we win these player auctions is with stupid offers and stupid salaries. And we can’t/shouldn’t do either of those. We’ll offer Leeds slightly increasing amounts, waste 3 weeks sucking up to his agents, then BANG Fulham/Forest/Wolves will offer 10p more and he goes there and we are screwed again.

Club needs to be realistic. Find the young pacey prospects at mid table European teams, or Championship, and be positive, confident and firm with the approaches and offers. Get them signed and sealed before the bidding wars start. We won’t be any worse off than we would be signing slow 32 year old donkeys and might by sheer luck unearth some gems and see some vaguely interesting football, then make some profits on sale.

Even the crappist of top 6 cast offs will string us along to the end of the window and go to Forest because they are still sort of on the up. Onana was the outlier in that he took a risk coming here to guarantee playing time. I think we are less attractive than last summer.

Mina, Townsend, Davies and Begovic probably pushing 200k between them a week, probably pushing towards 250k - 300k once you take Coady and Vinagre out too. Pickford pay rise and Young's wage won't be half of that.

Also, the last accounts we saw ended last summer before the departures of Sigurdsson, Allan, Delph, Tosun, Richarlison, probably 500k a week there too. Obviously players have also come in but not on that scale, things will still be bad but it's an improving picture on the wage front, and like you say next summer the last of the proper deadwood comes off the wage bill.
that is, until we replace the deadwood, with - well deadwood! Our scouting - recruitment is a joke. Any 12 year old using football manager could scout better then the imbeciles employed by Everton. I say employed, because they certainly don't chuffing work.

But you make some good points.

Yeah, if there's any truth in this and we're at the stage of putting in offers we'll likely have agreement with the agent etc and the player will want the move so hopefully a compromise can be found. As long as there's room in what limited budget we have for a striker too.
I'm less hopeful on the striker front, I must admit. The best we've been linked with look very uncertain. Horrible feeling it will be Weghorst and nobody else

Weghorst I think can do a job at least. We knew what we were getting with Dyche so if that’s the player he wants for his system we will have to roll with it. We’re really not in anything other than a mid-table/dog fight situation for me but I hope to be proven wrong.

Weghorst I think can do a job at least. We knew what we were getting with Dyche so if that’s the player he wants for his system we will have to roll with it. We’re really not in anything other than a mid-table/dog fight situation for me but I hope to be proven wrong.
Mid table is a pipe dream, my friend. Even if we bring in Gnonto, Danjuma and Toure, we are in a relegation battle for certain. I'm already thinking that 4 points from the first three games would be brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back