Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, don't shoot the messenger here, you can take this however you want but the latest View From the Bullens podcast was one of the most depressing listens I have ever heard. Won't list everything they said, but some lowlights are:
- nothing to El Bilal Toure. No talks, nothing. Just scouted him.
- An overall budget of £25-30m without further sales.
- Putting everything into Elanga, relying on Utd doing us a favour, but Utd want more money than we are prepared to pay. Forest in now.
- Club have record lows in terms of cashflow within the business - worst ever apparently.
- Need almost all budget to go to stadium.
- Dyche happy to work with lack of players coming in. Not rocking the boat, as he is used to it.

Also learnt that the recruitment team did not recommend Mykolenko, Benitez just signed him as he liked him.

A genuinely awful situation.
i’m not arsed i hate the new staduim

14 and 20 mil is a 6 mil difference

What does transfermarkt know that the bbc don’t
That’s With Add ons. I actually read at the time is was 12mill raising to 19.

Burnley will say the whole price including add ons as they can put that figure on the accounts. Like we have put 8 mil on our accounts for simms when it’s 6mil + 2mil add ons

14 and 20 mil is a 6 mil difference

What does transfermarkt know that the bbc don’t!
Its not that transfermarkt knows what the BBC doesnt. Its that the BBC and other media openly and willingly lie and exaggerate to generate headlines, vs a site that just uses the facts. The only thing anyone knows is its an undisclosed fee, with the max possible if all add-ons were hit likely around 20m. Now what number is more exciting for the BBC to publish?

Due to incompetence.

This fanbase isnt angry enough, the club has allowed that festering stain to remain, poisoning our football club from within, yet again and people are more concerned that Big Red are selling a few players to the Saudis.

Sad that people have just accepted we need to continue to sell despite bringing in a lot of money in sales since January.

If that money has gone into keeping the club afloat then it only highlights how much of a terrible job is being done at the top. It’s going to get nuclear pretty quickly come the start of the season if we really haven’t got money for new signings.

It’s too late now but there would have been absolutely nothing wrong with sacking Dyche in May or June.
Look, I'm no fan of Dyche but I don't see what difference it would make. Until the club is willing to allow the DoF system to work as it should ie the DoF picks who THEY want to work with and not who Kenwright/Moshiri want it's pointless. Not just that we need the board to be kept as far away from recruitment matters as possible, it's not the 1990's anymore. You want the team to operate like it's 2023 but how can it when the club doesn't operate that way.

Look, I'm no fan of Dyche but I don't see what difference it would make. Until the club is willing to allow the DoF system to work as it should ie the DoF picks who THEY want to work with and not who Kenwright/Moshiri want it's pointless. Not just that we need the board to be kept as far away from recruitment matters as possible, it's not the 1990's anymore. You want the team to operate like it's 2023 but how can it when the club doesn't operate that way.
No you’re absolutely right on all of that, but also having a better manager is having a better manager and it would help in the meantime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back