Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, don't shoot the messenger here, you can take this however you want but the latest View From the Bullens podcast was one of the most depressing listens I have ever heard. Won't list everything they said, but some lowlights are:
- nothing to El Bilal Toure. No talks, nothing. Just scouted him.
- An overall budget of £25-30m without further sales.
- Putting everything into Elanga, relying on Utd doing us a favour, but Utd want more money than we are prepared to pay. Forest in now.
- Club have record lows in terms of cashflow within the business - worst ever apparently.
- Need almost all budget to go to stadium.
- Dyche happy to work with lack of players coming in. Not rocking the boat, as he is used to it.

Also learnt that the recruitment team did not recommend Mykolenko, Benitez just signed him as he liked him.

A genuinely awful situation.
I kno they have got alot right but i dont get how they would kno rhe budget the club has i kno the club is well pathetically run behind closed doors but why would they ever let people let out that information. The toure deal was never happening was far too much money.just hope at the end of this window all us blues are happy with the players bought in all deserve for a good result and this window fans have been first class for these two seasons have give everything.

Meanwhile good times Billy headlock and his sidekick Kevin the line manager are in talks with, well absolutely nobody. Not one for trying mind but due to their awesome finance management, they simply cannot find anyone willing to take £2.50 a week over 120 years.

That’s With Add ons. I actually read at the time is was 12mill raising to 19.

Burnley will say the whole price including add ons as they can put that figure on the accounts. Like we have put 8 mil on our accounts for simms when it’s 6mil + 2mil add ons
We would only be recognising the £6m in our accounts currently for Simms - as otherwise it would be fraudulent account. Any add one will be recognised once the clause / obligation has been satisfied.

No you’re absolutely right on all of that, but also having a better manager is having a better manager and it would help in the meantime.
Looking at the out of work coaches list on transfermarket, there are a number of individuals who I have no doubt would get more out of this squad but the club simply won't look at them because we favor the PL experience route when it comes to a manager. We have to hope that MSP will push out this old time traditional mentality which is strangling the club.

List of coaches: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/trainer/verfuegbaretrainer/statistik

So Leeds are trying to get someone who’s scored 44 in two seasons on the cheap but their fans are demanding double that for Gnonto who scored twice last season?
Yeah, imagine looking for more money for a player that played in the PL to a player from the Championship. Headcases all those Leeds fans

Myko - 20 mil
Onana - 35 mil
Patterson - 16 mil
Maupay - 15 mil
McNeil - 20 mil
Garner - 15 mil

That’s just some of the signings over the past 2 seasons, god knows how much dele will end up costing

It doesn’t scream to me we are in a financial mess and can’t afford to buy anyone especially when in the same 2 seasons we have made significant money from the sales of Digne, Richarlison, Gordon and Kean

We got 39 mil this season, 100 mil last season and 46 mil the season before. Sales totalling around 185 mil with purchases totalling around 120 mil so there is gap of around 65 mil there.

That’s clearly the Gordon and moise keane money that hasn’t been spent yet

So the notion that we have no money is false

What is probably true though is that we do have money but the club just doesn’t want to spend it
I think it’s worth remembering that our profit/cash position is made up of more than just transfer ins and outs.

Our wage/turnover ratio is one of the highest (if not the highest) in the league, our prize money will be crap based on league position and we’re not in the top tier when it comes to sponsorships either.

That’s not to mention the obvious stadium; I remember what that did to Arsenal’s ability to spend and they were consistently finishing top 4 at that time.

I think it’s worth remembering that our profit/cash position is made up of more than just transfer ins and outs.

Our wage/turnover ratio is one of the highest (if not the highest) in the league, our prize money will be crap based on league position and we’re not in the top tier when it comes to sponsorships either.

That’s not to mention the obvious stadium; I remember what that did to Arsenal’s ability to spend and they were consistently finishing top 4 at that time.
Hiring and firing managers and DoFs, plus Agent fees must be approaching 200m in the last 7 or 8 years now as well.

A player that would actually be worth taking a punt on, but no, we'll wait and wait and wait and then make a panic Maupay mark II move for Che Adams, Wout Weghorst or Chris Wood in deadline day.
Screenshot_20230718_210045_Twitter.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back