Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s a decent, cheap right-sided centre halve. He’s 28, got decent experience at international level and in the Champions league. Not saying he’s great, but for the price he’d cost, he’s decent.
I don’t doubt it but CB isn’t the area we desperately need (and we can’t fix everything in one window so the focus has to be the attack). I’d rather we take a chance on the lad we’re getting back from loan start to cover the defence. In theory, Branthwaite is the exact profile we need; left footed, comfortable on the ball and tall - all at no outlay cost and relatively low wages.

Got to hope that we’ve got some money to spend, but we’re choosing to try and get the loans and frees in the door first rather than splurging and being left without a pot.

Young and Danjuma is good business so far and both improve our first XI, though ideally I would’ve liked an option to buy for the latter.

I’d really like Gnonto and a striker that isn’t Che Adams. A DCL type striker who actually suits our style of play ideally. No idea if that’s Toure or not, but if it is then go all out for him.

I thought Branthwaite played on the left?

Fairly sure he can play both but fair enough if your playing Branthwaite on the left then he has to be better then tarkowski.

Is he better then tarkowski?

I'll be honest I dont think we need a cb. Atm we have 5 first team cbs on the books, no European football and well be out of the cups in the first round.

Are you saying he’s better than Tarkowski?
Tarkowski plays on the left? He’s got some better qualities than Tarkowski. He’s got more pace, is taller, more athletic, he’s a decent footballer and he’d be cheap. Tarkowski probably a better all round defender, but they could well compliment and make a good pairing

I don’t doubt it but CB isn’t the area we desperately need (and we can’t fix everything in one window so the focus has to be the attack). I’d rather we take a chance on the lad we’re getting back from loan start to cover the defence. In theory, Branthwaite is the exact profile we need; left footed, comfortable on the ball and tall - all at no outlay cost and relatively low wages.
Agree. Maybe a loan reinforcement at the end of the window. But we need news of a credible goal scoring option in the next two weeks...Iheanacho, Dia or Ndiaye. Would like them to plunder an Asian or South American league but that's not going to happen

that has got to be up there with one of the biggest let downs of a (Supposed) transfer confirmation ever.

Crazy 6 months working on it and then you hit the 'Valid until June 2024. ( Although you already know it, you're still like What The Fcuk !!

ACL first game of the season.... Once Everton have touched you.

 Doubt we would sell Gray for 7m, has to be 10m minimum. He scored six goals last season

If no Saudi then £7mil seems good to me.

40m euros surely not

€40m+ is around £35m+, it’d be a big gamble but may be a necessity

About £35m? I don’t believe this particular rumour but I can see it being plausible. Everyone said it was bs when we were after Onana and we spent £30m+ on him.

Could mean staggered payments and high on the back end + lots of clauses.

Would be excellent business, price will double in a year or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back