Summer transfer window 2023

It’s not really good PR though if the reason we don’t buy anyone (which I am sure there will be more incomings but probably loans) is because either 1) we can’t afford to or 2) we won’t. The first is down to either a lack of funds and/or poor recruitment processes whereas the second would be seen by the footballing public as stupid given the last couple of seasons.

Either way the only conclusion that could be drawn is they codons have a clue what they are doing. I see no PR benefit.
We have a lot of posters saying how skint we are, blaming a lack of money on signings, FFP, the Saudis, meanwhile Mr Kenwright and Mr Thellwell are getting paid vast sums to fail, sheltered from blame "Its not their fault".

No surprise that both of them are kopites really.

It’s not really good PR though if the reason we don’t buy anyone (which I am sure there will be more incomings but probably loans) is because either 1) we can’t afford to or 2) we won’t. The first is down to either a lack of funds and/or poor recruitment processes whereas the second would be seen by the footballing public as stupid given the last couple of seasons.

Either way the only conclusion that could be drawn is they codons have a clue what they are doing. I see no PR benefit.
Its in their interests to make it look like they are trying really hard and were just unlucky or other clubs messed us around.

It would surprise you how many people accept this excuse every year. People are willing to accept excuse after excuse and its part of the reason why the standards at this club have been allowed to fall to embarassing low levels.

But you are right... either they have decided not to back the manager or they have no idea what they are doing and are not able to finalise deals. Its a complete joke either way.

Its in their interests to make it look like they are trying really hard and were just unlucky or other clubs messed us around.

It would surprise you how many people accept this excuse every year. People are willing to accept excuse after excuse and its part of the reason why the standards at this club have been allowed to fall to embarassing low levels.

But you are right... either they have decided not to back the manager or they have no idea what they are doing and are not able to finalise deals. Its a complete joke either way.
It’s clear we are offering to buy players with really crap terms

It’s clear we are offering to buy players with really crap terms
Well that to me isn't a serious attempt to back the manager

I want to buy a house soon and there's nothing to stop me bidding half the asking price for one I like. But that would not be a serious attempt to actually buy a house.

All we know right now is that the manager has not been backed. We will only know in a few weeks if they actually want to back the manager. Until I see players signed in forward areas then I will remain sceptical.

Well that to me isn't a serious attempt to back the manager

I want to buy a house soon and there's nothing to stop me bidding half the asking price for one I like. But that would not be a serious attempt to actually buy a house.
I mean yeh, we all know this
The point being we are going around offering sillly deals over long periods for players , same as last January

Literally toure last week we are said to have offered long payment terms and there were others in Jan as mentioned earlier
Do you have a source for this?

Im not trying to be an arse here, but I think theres some degree of chinese whispers going on here, people hear this, read that and suddenly its considered the truth.

Do you have a source for this?

Im not trying to be an arse here, but I think theres some degree of chinese whispers going on here, people hear this, read that and suddenly its considered the truth.
There have been loads of reports that we are doing this both now and last window. Also, as I said, one of the foreign clubs manager/dof or whatever he was even took the pies out of us for it

There have been loads of reports that we are doing this both now and last window. Also, as I said, one of the foreign clubs manager/dof or whatever he was even took the pies out of us for it
So nothing to back this up?

You see my point a little?

Chinese whispers.

I do recall a story about somebody trying to mug us off, but I dont recall the details or when it was.